Let's Make Plans for MQS 2010

Hello all,

I so enjoyed the chance to get to meet you all this year - and to be encouraged to post! - I am definitely planning on attending next year. So, save me a seat for the banquet. I couldn't stay for it this year, but certainly will for next! As for submitting a quilt for the show - ooh, that's beyond me right now, but maybe for the auction? I'll think on which border might apply...:P

Coleen asked about the ballpark cost. I came from San Diego and wanted to take hands-on classes. Those are usually on Monday and Tuesday. Computer classes are on Saturday. That is info for this year. It may change next year. I took 11 classes and stayed within walking distance of the Overland Park Convention Center.

Airfare = $300

Hotel = $110 a night

Classes = $580 ( one was $110 and most were $30 - $50)

Yes, I would think so, Overland Park, KS - Jackie could verify this for you. She is real good about responding to emails.

I went for the first time this year and really did it up with classes!! Best to register right away in Dec. if there are some that you REALLY want. The "hands on" classes only take 2 people per machine, so they do fill-up. I had 4 that were hands-on and you would have to do that many in one year.....

I liked staying right at the Sheraton, because I knew I wouldn't want to walk much the first 2 days - of solid classes. Then by the time the show door opened on Wed. night - I didn't have far to go after all of that shopping and looking around!

I'm definitely in for next year and have already told my DH that I'm going. I'm starting to save with every paycheck so that when the time comes, I'll have the $ sent aside. So much less painful that way!!

I'm not familiar with Kansas at all (well, except for Liberal where Dorothy's house is;)) so which airport would I fly into??

You would fly into MCI which is on the Missouri side. About 30 to 45 minutes away.There are good deals to be had on rental cars as well as connecting with other quilters or using the transport services. I always rent a car because I like to check out other things. I don't mind passengers, more fun that way. Hope to see you next year ! Glenda

Linda, what airline did you fly?

Glenda, thanks for the airport info...I would have never figured it out.

I'd like to stay in the host hotel (that's always easiest) because I know I will OD on classes and vendors...I just can't help myself. :o

I flew Delta, but they put me on the small jets. Not too bad. I stayed, as well as some of the others, at the Marriott Courtyard. Be careful booking there that you get the right one.:o That's another MQS story. There are two, same name about a mile apart. It's just across the street. Glenda

Archived