Ruler Mate with or without Threadcutter

I'm definitely investing in a ruler mate. The question is whether to purchase it to attach to my Millie with or without the thread cutter. I rarely if ever use the thread cutter. I bring my thread to the top in most cases and just didn't get in the habit of cutting it when doing pantos, etc. I think less weight with the thread cutter would be a good thing. What is your experience?

Pat Schafer

Okay, Sheri...how hard was it to take off and what year is your Millie. I think ours are different years based on the light photos. I really want to get a rulermate and leave it on all the time, but haven't been able to justify it yet. But...if I take my thread cutter off, then I'll HAVE to get another base:D

Heidi...I LOVE your picture! Is it from the wedding?

Originally posted by hmerrill

I must be an odd duck because I use my thread cutter all the time. I tie and bury. I cut the thread give the top thread a little pull and bring the bobbin thread up to the top and then tie it off and bury it.

This is what I do, too! Exactly what Heidi does.

I love my thread cutter. I use it all the time. I'm not taking it off.

Good job Shana on forcing Heidi to put up her picture!!

Okay, I must be missing something then. When I've used the thread cutter, I get such a short tail that pulling the bobbin thread up to start again takes major manipulation. What am I doing wrong??

Wow, Thanks so much for all of the responses. Before I take off the thread cutter I'm going to try to bring the thread up. That's been my problem - why use it when I want to bury my threads. But some of you have been successful, so I'll give it a try.

Pat

Archived