Stitching Circles on longarm APQS machine

I agree the Circle Lord is best. The basic unit does the circles. I'm not sure what the smallest circle is but if it's 1 inch, and the unit can make a circle every 1/32 of an inch, up to 11 3/4 inches, that's like having 176 or so circle templates. Can't get much better than that! Oh yeah, if you turn the fan blade around, you can also make an 18 inch circle. That's a lot of circles. ;):P

Hi Wendy! Welcome to the APQS chat! Lots of help, ideas, information, and fun in general here! Congratulations on your new baby! There are lots of options for circles, Circle Lord is one, and APQS offers the Hartley Fence. There are many different acrylic templates in circles and other shapes that are designed to use with your longarm, you'll need an extended base plate to use those or rulers. I'm sure sue has lots of info for you on all of these things and others will jump in here soon!

Welcome to the crazy world of quilting.. ;o)

I use the Topper, which is used from the front of the machine, and makes circles of several sizes from the same pattern board. Its also considerably less pricy, and can use the R & S pattern boards. I understand it will also use other brand pattern boards, but have not personally checked them out.

I'm including the URL to Linda's web site, and contact info is there, as well as a link to R & S Pattern boards.

http://www.topperquilttools.com/

RitaR

Archived