Which Sakura pens for outlining?? also with wee pic

I have finally found a UK website that stocks all sorts of Sakura pens (Sherry R H) uses some of these, I think...

I rashly decided to paint the outside echo of some feathers -becuse I just did - and now I want to draw a nice neat line around that to finish it off. I looked at Gelly roll pens - does anyone use them - what works on fabric? Did I mention that this is for an exhibition and I have 2 weeks max and I'm doing mini-micro stitching just to make life interesting?!

Thanks for the info - I'll get some gelly rolls. My project is one of those that evolved - I thought it would be a great idea to paint the outer feather echo - interesting but I have the wrong colour so will do it again (3rd coat) then the edges were a bit woolly so I thought I'd outline them. I'll take a pic later.

It's supposed to be for a Longarm Gallery at FOQ and is mostly for Gammills where people show off their feathers, computer or panto. Since I don't do any of those I had to make it stand out and be different so I'm going blind in the process. I have a Spa Day out with a friend today for her birthday treat - never done it before and think I will be desperate to get back on my machine!!

Now I have a choice - Sakura metallic, moonlight or souffle!!

What do I pick?

I have just ordered some hot pink fabric paint as my plum/silver wasn't right... I said if they were out of pink I'd settle for lime green.

Had a nice day at the Spa - very forceful massage so now I'm not stiff, until I resume quilting tomorrow. I have the sort of brain that won't switch off and be quiet though so obviously thought more about my project.

Here's a bit of it. The quilt is meant to be log cabin but I just added some log cabin blocks to an already existing unfinished Lonestar. The original piece looks "busty" so I put on a doublle layer of Dream Puff which is probably a bit too puffy but one of my corner stars looks nice and fat. It's another of the quilts that is being made up as I go along and becoming more and more time consuming - oh well - better get on with it!

post--13461902121346_thumb.jpg

Oooh, so pretty! I love it, although I'm too chicken to try that myself. Have you ever watched Irene Bluhm colour her quilts. It's really amazing to watch. She uses nothing special, just any brand of soft, thick lead, coloured pencils. Once she's done her shading or colouring she uses a textile medium that she brushes on with a soft water-colour brush and lets it dry. She says if you don't used a textile medium on the colouring it will wash out when the quilt is laundered. Anyway, here is a peek at some of her gallery. Enjoy!

http://site.irenabluhmscreations.com/gallery.html

I had forgotten about those but I do have the book and love it! I was playing with watercolour pencils on paper the other day - they are amazing when you get them wet - looks just like paint. Now you have me wondering what if you wet them with the textile medium goo?

Archived