Shar your image is too large. It has to be thumbnail or smaller for it to be accepted. I know of some members who have posted larger images, but have never figured out how they do it. Probably know a lot of HTML language, which I don't. Just keep reducing the size and posting it in your "edit Membership" section, and eventually one will upload. ;)

Shar,

When you are in webshots. Click on the photo. Then under the photo are icons. Click on the one for posting into forums/webpages. The size default should be 100 but double check. The go down and copy the URL in the box for direct link to image. Paste this into your avatar on the edit profile page and hit the enter key. It may take a few minutes but it will come up.

Good Luck.

Hi. I tried and tried too. Here is what I came up with, hope it helps - it didn't seem to mind the size, I think this way, it automatically put my picture the right size but I'm not sure - try it out...

Upload your picture to Webshots (it is free btw), then when you select it there are a bunch of icons underneath it. Pick the one that says 'copy code to post this in a forum'. It gives you a URL (that starts with 'thumbxx') to copy and paste into the 'avatar' box in your profle. Previously I had selected to 'view' my photo, and then I cut and pasted the url at the top. It gave me a problem anytime I didn't have Webshots up and running in a browser. Also, any other way gave me the problem with the size...

Archived