New Diamond Crosshatch Template

circlelord

Michael

I have a question for you concerning the circle Lord for a APQS Lenni. I read from different ones how the bars have to be raised to allow for the added highth of the attachments or for whatever I am not sure. Is this true with the Lenni as well? Our bars are not adjustable, at least to to any degree, perhaps they could be raised a tiny bit by wedging something under but not significantly. I dont believe I have seen anyone online that has the Circle Lord on a Lenni, So my question I guess is does the circle Lord work on a Lenni?

Hey Jeanne. I don't know if this is the correct answer or not, but I would think that with the Lenni, the carriage and bars don't need to be raised. The carriage on the other tables rides just slightly above the table top and you need clearance for the carriage to ride over the CL. With the Lenni, the carriage is up quite a bit from the table top, so I would think that raising it up wouldn't apply to the Lenni.

I'm sure Michael will chime in with an answer.

This is another dumb question from me, but once you raise the machine to accomodate the CL do you have to lower it again when not using the CL? Or does it just stay raised and you can quilt as usual?

Isn't that a dumb question, but I was just wondering?

Vicki

Thanks Patty

there does seem to be quite a bit of room under the Lenni, so this probable isnt a problem. I dont' know if I have heard anyone with a Lenni say if they have the circle Lord or not so I was wondering. Seems like it would be a good investment at some point in time.

Originally posted by Primitive1

This is another dumb question from me, but once you raise the machine to accomodate the CL do you have to lower it again when not using the CL? Or does it just stay raised and you can quilt as usual?

Isn't that a dumb question, but I was just wondering?

Vicki

That is not a dumb question....And the answer is no. You just raise the machine and I think Michael includes wooden blocks that the correct height.

The CL boards are 1/4" thick. To see if the Lenni is already high enough so as to not have to raise the carriage, lay one of your 1/4" thick templates on the table and see if the carriage will ride over it without catching it. Not the final answer, but a good guess. :)

I guess the only difference in the diamonds template set and the crosshatching ones is the degree of slant on the lines.

I had more or less made up my mind to get the crosshatching set, so now I'm wondering, since I have the crosshatcing rulers, maybe I should get the diamond set instead??

Decisions, decisions, Oh, do I have any money? I guess that counts too, huh?

Archived