block claps

So glad to know that I'm not the only one that has had this problem. Mine got so bad that I couldn't hardly advance the quilt. I tore that velcro mess off and wrapped my blocks with my blue painters tape. It eventually wears out, but it is definately easier to deal with than the other stuff. It doesn't leave any of that terrible sticky stuff. I wrapped both the blocks and the leader that they sit on. Goodluck. I'd be glad to hear anyone elses suggestions!!

Kelly

Mille owner

I had this happen and the bottom one was so bad, I took off both the blocks ripped the velcro off and then sprayed with 3M Hi strength 90 spray adhesive. It's very similar to what it was attached with originally. I cleaned the rollers with alcohol to get all the old adhesive residue off and I'm a little more careful to release the brake before rolling, I do find that the blocks stick to the rollers sometimes so I just wiggle them manually to make sure they are loose before rolling. I'm sure I'll have to do this process again sometime down the road but for now the velcro is holding prettty good. That spray adhesive will hold just about anything.

:cool:

I recently replaced the fuzzy velcro on my brake, too. It didn't crawl, but after two years of daily usage, it was loose in a couple spots and the nap was mushed down; causing some slippage.

I replaced it with more fuzzy velcro, tho, and it improved the holding power of the brake.

Sherri Dolly

Overland Park, KS

I guess I'm with Linda in Ramona. I've got a Milli and I'm fairly certain that my "block claps" are metal and there's no velcro on them. Is there supposed to be? I purchased my Milli from our local dealer after the show 2+ years ago.

I make it a point to always release the brakes before I advance or reverse the quilt. Never had a problem with them.

Is there something I should be doing differently?:)

Ya learn something new everyday!

When I read this thread yesterday I thought "Velcro? I don't have velcro on my brakes....must be on an older model".

But yesterday while I was quilting I checked and sure enough there is velcro!

I have been advancing my machine with the brakes on.............won't be doing that anymore!

tammy in AZ

Archived