Barb Mayfield

I am sooooooooooo lucky to have purchased my machine from Barb. What a great lady. She spent the entire day with me teaching me the ropes. Her knowledge of the business of quilting for others and machine info was very helpful, she even found the manual needle up down:P. She brought a great gift basket for me, with lots of great stuff. Way to go Barb.

yes... that I am! An FOB :)

I'll tell ya what, that woman is tippy top notch cream of the crop. She is not only funny, she's kind and thoughtful, considerate and works very hard and will bend over backwards to help anyone. It's not about her. It's about what she can do....for you. She is always one to just "do it" and not toot her own horn. She's always helping out doing something somewhere. I think she does it because it needs to be done and because she cares. She cares! That's a good two worded sentence that, simply put, sums up Barb Mayfield.

And plus, she's crazy.

FOB

Shana

YEP all of the above. My car trip with her to and from the beach was filled with ideas and solutions to different things. When she got here, I told her of my tension "issue" I was having and within 5 min., she had that problem solved. I had been digging a deeper hole for myself for over 5 hrs and she had it solved and back to working in 5 min......she is an amazing woman. Hurray for Barb:D

Barb Mayfield is a booster.

She boosts APQS,

beginning quilters,

newbie longarmers--even those who are not her customer,

all the Moxies,

people in general,

you get the picture!

She is a positive force.

She graciously brought her parts box to the Moxies and I was able to purchase all those litte bits that I want to keep on hand--pigtails, bobbin cases, a new tensioner spring, etc.

Thanks Barb..you are the best!

:cool::cool::cool:

News flash!!

I forgot that Barb is game to teach a maintenance class here in the Northwest! Details are pending, but if there is interest it will happen. A great chance to take the fear and mystery out of re-timing, etc.

She also mentioned troubleshooting individual machines. The cost would vary so we will need to press her for details.

Great offerings, Barb!

Aw, shucks, you guys are making me blush.......

Besides, it's nothing more than any of you would do for/with someone else - that's what makes this chat such a great thing - we're here to help and support one another, whether we're longarmers or wannabes, APQS owners or Gammill owners, West coast or East coast.

So, yes, I would be willing to come to the Portland area to do a mini-Maintenance Class - just remember that I am NOT Amy, Christy or Mark! (Repeat that three times: NOT Amy, NOT Christy, NOT Mark......)

Now, the question will be, when? Weekend or mid-week? I can tell you that a lot of my weekends for the next three months are already committed to quilt shows or other events. How about anybody that wants to be a part of this - either at the class or a machine tuneup - chime in here and we'll see how many we have to schedule around. K?

Barb I would like to go. I work during the week but if given enough advance I could make arrangements.

I have to say that I don't know you that well, just meeting you last Sunday at the Moxie meeting, but you were a great source of information and so willing to help me and send info. When I went back to the store that I bought my machine from, she didn't even know who I was. That was such a disappointment. Thank you for being so willing to help others.

Debbie

Barb, I could bring my head up to a class. Would love to have you fix my thread cutter! My schedule is pretty open, so I'm sure that I could make the class whenever it is set. Thanks for all the tips and tricks. Oh, and my tension is still a bit off so I'm tweeking it some more (in very small increments) to try and get it just right. Thanks for you help.

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!

Midweek in August is good but beginning in September I'll need a weekend sat. or sun.

Barb~Do you do millenium maintenance? I'd love it if you came to my studio and did the maintenance routine on my machine.

I could watch and learn but I'd rather have you come and do it........'cause I was thinking of sending it to Iowa for maintenance. I really don't want to do that. I was thinking awhile back that it would sure be great if a pro made housecalls!

What do you think and what would be the charge?

Thanks!

Newberg, Oregon

I just have to agree with all the positive praise, she has been great for this newbie (that shouldn't be a newbie by now). I about gave up learning the machine, and she showed me it could be fun. I am only doing my own quilts, so I am not a business, and time is limited. I felt bad that I couldn't do some of the basic things that I see here. But I have cut myself some slack and know it is OK if my circles are square- they are mine, and that's what counts. My millie is my mid life crisis sports car. So it is OK if she just sits and looks pretty!

Slow learner!

Vicki in Hayden, Idaho

Archived