NQR: Look what I bought today! Beading for Boobies

And you thought it was going to be a motorcycle or something huge, huh?

I couldn't resist buying this bracelet at our local Arts in the Park. It is handmade by a breast cancer survivor...and wife of a friend of my husband's from 23 years ago!! 50% of the proceeds of the sale go to Breast Cancer Research. How cool is that?!!

Isn't it pretty?

post--13461902310519_thumb.jpg

Very pretty bracelet. It's very appropriate that they put nautilus shells on the bracelet. I studied this poem when I was in school.

I copied this excerpt from Wikipedia.

The Chambered Nautilus is the title and subject of a poem by Oliver Wendell Holmes, in which he admires the "ship of pearl" and the "silent toil/That spread his lustrous coil/Still, as the spiral grew/He left the past year's dwelling for the new." He finds in the mysterious life and death of the nautilus, strong inspiration for his own life and spiritual growth. He concludes: Build thee more stately mansions, O my soul, As the swift seasons roll! Leave thy low-vaulted past! Let each new temple, nobler than the last, Shut thee from heaven with a dome more vast, Till thou at length art free, Leaving thine outgrown shell by life's unresting sea!

post--13461902310954_thumb.jpg

Great taste and a wonderful cause, two'fers are so fun. Now you'll have a memory every time you wear it, and the compliments sure to come will give you a chance to promote her work. Get some business cards of hers to pass out and promote breast health awareness. You look fabulous, dahlink!

I had a quilting friend who passed away 3 months ago to breast cancer. She was in remission for years...then it spread to her brain and other organs. She is missed dearly. I will certainly remember all those affected when I wear my new bracelet. The poem is beautiful too. I am going to pass this on to Toni. Thanks Boni. How do you remember anything from school?!

Archived