Coming to San Francisco and Driving Up the Coast!

DH and I are flying into San Fran on the 28th of Aug. and going to spend a few days there. If anyone close to San Fran or in the vicinity I would love to meet you and spend a day Shop Hopping with you quilters. This will be my first time to San Fran and DH told me look up and quilter friends I have on the forum that I can meet along the way up the coast into Oregon and Utah.

We are going to rent a car in San Fran and drive up the coast so he is willing to drive me to all the quilt shops we can find along the way.......(he really is a keeper). ;) But, again if anyone is available to meet me along our trip up the coast into Oregon and into maybe Washington, Utah and etc. I would LOVE to meet you. I am soooooooo excited, and I have already contacted Patty Jo but I need her phone number. So anyone interested in meeting please email me and give me your phone numbers in an email to me and we can chat on the phone with any particulars.

We will be coming back to Nebraska on Sept.5th or 6th. So let me know on the chat if you can make arrangements. I can't wait........I'm excited!!!:cool::cool:;)

Renae,

Where are you cutting east to get to Utah? Doubt you'll come far enough north to reach us, as we're even further north than the I-90 corridor, but if you do, I have a guest room, know all quilt shops for a couple hundred miles around, AND have a Millie in the basement!;)

Have a great trip, wherever you travel!:P

Renae, I'm too far inland to meet up with you, but I highly recommend hitting the quilt shop in Canon Beach, OR, called the Center Diamond and the one in Astoria (Home Spun Quilts), a few miles north of Canon Beach. Both are great stores. The CB store had a ton of batiks and the one in Astoria is in a really great old building with tons of fabric.

If you like seafood and get a chance for dinner in SF, go to the Pacific Cafe at 34th and Geary. Its small, but excellent! If you get there and they don't have a table, you may end up waiting in line outside. To make your wait more enjoyable, they bring out glasses and wine (FREE) to drink while you wait--don't forget to take a jacket!

We will have a great time I'm sure and hope to hit a lot of quilt shops too and sea food places. I love crab and lobster....MMMMM. We are going to look up where Quincy is and we may surprise you Dory we may swing by. Email me your cell number and we shall see if we can hook up together.

Barb I will be calling you too.......Not sure what way we are going. We have nothing specific in mind we are just driving wherever we want. Nothing is in stone. This is a vacation....!!!!

;):cool::cool::cool:

Pat......I got your cell number and I will call you this evening. Sorry I missed your call.

To find quilt shops along the coast on Hwy 101 in Oregon, this is the hwy that runs the entire length of the coast. Look up "Shop Hop 101 Oregon". on the internet. There are 13 fantastic good size shops right on hwy 101 itself. I've done the entire hop 3 times.

You can also look up Sew Oregon Shop Hop. These shops are all inland on I-5 and Eastern Oregon but all are on/ near major Highways.

Have a fun safe trip.

Terry

Sounds like a good idea, Thanks Terry. I'm sure once I hit Oregon, Patty will have some great ideas too. I can't wait to meet her and who ever else wants to get together and do some shopping, and laughing.

Patty Jo, I will give you a call later. I really want to finish this quilt I have on my machine. Can't wait to meet you!!:cool:

Well good thing I was taking a lunch break, and looked at that chat! If you're coming to the OR coast, you might as well drive an hour (or so) inland, and stop and see me! I'll go shop hopping with you! If you can plan your schedule so that we could hop on either Sun. and Mon. or Wed. and Thrus., those are the best days for me. I'm at the shop the rest of the days, so it's harder to get away.

Guest room is open!

I'll send you a U2U with my number too.

Beth

Sounds great Beth! We will plan on it. We have no real plans and I will call you and I do want to see your shop, too. Nothing we will be doing is scheduled or out of our way. This is going to be sooooooooo much fun. IT'S VACATION WITHOUT RULES OR RESERVATIONS!!!! YEAAAAAAAAA:cool::cool:

Well darn. I am going to be in San Diego helping my son move to Pensacola right at those dates. Darn darn. But, since I just did that road trip I know you will love it. Loved Redwoods. There were elk and other wildlife all over the place as well as those amazing trees. Loved the Oregon coastline. And Shana is right, San Francisco is just a fabulous city. So many things to see. Coit Tower, Lombardi street, the Wharf, Ghirardelli Square (all within walking distance MOL) So much more too. If you are a camera buff and want amazing pictures of the Golden Gate Bridge as the sun starts to set, go UNDER the freeway on the East (the non-Presidio end) side and go way up on top of the bluff towards the marshlands. Fabulous unobstructed pictures of the bridge. I found it by accident! There is a fabulous little restaurant in Depot Bay just North of Newport, Oregon called the Sea Hag. Been there forever. Hole in the wall, but they have the BEST open face crab sandwiches on the coast. And then for dessert, you gotta have the marionberry tart. But, make sure you share it with hubby. It is huge! Comes heaped up with ice cream and covered with whipped cream. To die for! Oh boy. Now I am hungry. Patty Jo, we are going there soon!!!:P:P:P:P

Darn it Nancy, I was hoping to see you too.:( I guess you are now supposed to make a trip to Nebraska or to MQS so we ALL can meet you.......OK????;) How about this next May??? Bring Beth and Patty Jo and Meg with you, and we could really paint K.City red.......:D:D K.City would never be the same, I'm affraid. But you have a safe trip moving your son and have a good time doing it also. Hope to see you another time soon. ;):cool:

I LOVE San Francisco!I used to live near there. If you love chinese, there is a great restaurant called House of Nanking. It's off the tourist path, a tiny place with a huge line, but it is so good! Ask a local how to get there. If you are into high tea, the Fairmont has a really good one :) There's a bar with views of the city called Top of the Mark. There is a great seafood restaurant by the bay bridge called Sinbad's. Really beautiful at night!

Lydia and Bekaha I would love to meet both of you and I believe it could very well be arranged. You both have my cell number from the chat here so don't hesitate to call me on the road at any time. I have it with me ALL the time, that way we can keep track of where we are and how close and when we can meet.

This is going to be sooooooooo much fun. I am also going to meet up with Beth Durand and Patty Jo Noonan too. WHOOOOPPEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::D:D:D

Can you tell I am excited????????????

Renae, you will have so much fun, and if you drive up the Oregon Coast, the beaches are so pretty and there are several shops all along the way. A very nice town to stay in is Bandon, IMHO it is one of the prettiest beaches with great rock formations. And of course there is a quilt store there.

Hwy 101 is a very pretty drive anytime of year. Hope you have a great time. I live in Portland too but I work during the week. Otherwise, I'd love to meet you too.

Debbie Zerkel

Archived