Guild Opportunity Quilt - Updated good news!!

CONGRATS!!!!

MHO about innovations would be its the " wow that's the coolest quilt ever! how'd they think that design up?"

but that wouldn't fit on a ribbon. so they went innovated. an yes, i would think it would be the second place to BOS

(i looked at my judge's forms and beside innovation is says in parentheses: creativity/imagination)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Katydids

Sept.20th - I just got a phone call from a guild member. We entered this quilt in the Jackson Miss. quilt show this weekend, (member has family there). She said she walked into the show and there in the very front was our quilt with a Blue Ribbon! :)

It said "Best Innovation" I have never heard of this before, can anyone enlighten me on what best innovation is? She was told it was better than a 1st place, like a Judges award?

Please, I really want to know what that is!!

Hey! That's wonderful! I can imagine how pretty this colorful quilt looks with a shiney ribbon dangling from it!

When I hear the word "Innovation" I think of words like "new" "cutting edge" "different" "unique" "something that really catches your attention"

:cool:

Thank you all for the great compliments and info on what the "best innovation" means to you. I will get the quilt back today and hopefully the judges comment sheet, so that will tell me what was good, needs improvement, etc.

By the way, tickets are ready for the raffle for those that were asking. It is $1.00 per ticket or 6 for $5.00. You can make checks out to Flying Needles Quilt Guild and send to me at 105 Dominica Way, Niceville, Fl 32578. Please also send a SASE for return of the ticket stubs. This is a 2 year quilt, so the drawing is not until Dec. 2010.

Thanks.

Archived