needle problem

Anne Que

Hello,

I have a Millennium and my needle is going up en down all the time if I touch the yellow button. So when I want it to go down only once, it keeps going in-out-in-out.

I have an Intelliquilter set up on my machine and when I tell the IQ to sew a quilt, the needle does the same thing. This problem occured before I had the IQ. It not always like that, sometimes it runs ok a whole day, and than my machine seems to have a bad day. When I shut down the machine an put it on again, mostly the problem is solved for a while. It is very inconvenient though. What can I do?

Anne Que

Anne

It sounds like the needle positioner on your Milli head needs to be adjusted and instructions are in the manual, however because you have IQ attached, it might be a good idea to contact Zoltan as changing the speed of the needle might make it necessary to change the setting on IQ too so that the driving motors of IQ and the speed of the needle are in sync with each other.

Sue in Australia

Anne you need to adjust your #8 screw. It is the needle positioner and you need to slow it down. What year is your Millie? If it is an 08, the screw is in the panel at the back, there is a small hole on the back right side of the machine. If it is older than that it is under the hood on the top of the machine.

This should be in your manual on adjusting the needle positioner.

It is normal for this to happen after the machine is broken in and after it warms up. So when you do make the adjustment, you need to warm the machine up first.

Originally posted by smorris

Anne

It sounds like the needle positioner on your Milli head needs to be adjusted and instructions are in the manual, however because you have IQ attached, it might be a good idea to contact Zoltan as changing the speed of the needle might make it necessary to change the setting on IQ too so that the driving motors of IQ and the speed of the needle are in sync with each other.

Sue in Australia

Good point Sue on the IQ. Am not computerized so didn't even think of that!

Thank you all, I am allready reassured it seems to be a "normal" problem. I live in the Netherlands you see, where there is no living soul who could help me if something was really wrong with my machine. I bought my M in 2008 Barbara.

I will contact the IQ company, that is a good idea.

Anne

Archived