Heidi M

OMG -- thank you everyone!!! I am overwhelmed by your kindness and compassion.

Heidi, my sister is going through a lot of pain. One dr. told her it was fibromyalgia. She does not think so. She has been hurting for months too. She started hemmoraging two weeks ago and has not stopped. She finally listened to me and I told her to start over with her GP. He sent her right away for an endometrial biopsy. Have you had one of those? I know it will discover cancer and it is used to test hormone levels. I really hope she is ok b/c I do not think I can go through another illness in my family right now.

Also, my daughter was suppose to have ovarian drilling two days after Bud's H A. She canceled and decided to put things on hold. I hope she does not wait too long b/c you know what will happen to the endometriosis.

I hope to see you soon.

Sandra

Boy Sandra you have had your plate too full! Yes tell your daughter not to let that endometriosis get away from her! I know only too well what it can do to you. I sure hope your sister is getting help with a diagnosis. It is so frustrating not getting the right answers. Everytime hubby tells me something else is hurting I cringe. Since it has now hit all major joints I keep waiting for something new. He said this morning he felt like somebody had hit him over the shoulders with a 2 x 4. I'm hoping the steroids make a huge difference by morning. If they don't then we may have to go back to the drawing board. He is a trooper though. He hasn't missed one day of work due to the pain! The one doctor he went too really didn't believe him about how bad the pain was. He did a full exam and then told him to get dressed. While hubby was trying to get his pants back on the doctor looks at him and says, "boy I guess you are really in pain aren't you?" Duh!

Thanks all of you for the prayers. There are a few that have been praying for him and I so appreciate it. It is so nice to have such a caring bunch of people!!!!!

To all in pain and/or med issues, hope prayers and wishes all reach you and help. for me it is so very much harder to see someone else in pain or trouble, I've never much minded my own...I have a 15 inch incision done mostly without anesthesia, but found the taking off of a deep mole off my daughter's back to be much more painful:o

Good positive thoughts to all in need... Love, Pat

Praying now for all mentioned here. I really wish I could be of some help to each of you, but I know that prayers are the best anyone can do.

Heidi, I know personally the pain your DH is experiencing. I think a rhuematologist is the perfect Dr to go to. The steriods should help until they narrow down a diagnosis. Be ready for him to think he's hungry 24/7!! If he stops and thinks about it he won't be really, but that urge to munch is almost automatic! LOL! I'm on them again and really have to watch myself, before I realize what I'm doing I'm heading for the kitchen....again! :D

Originally posted by kennan100

Heidi, I know personally the pain your DH is experiencing. I think a rhuematologist is the perfect Dr to go to. The steriods should help until they narrow down a diagnosis. Be ready for him to think he's hungry 24/7!! If he stops and thinks about it he won't be really, but that urge to munch is almost automatic! LOL! I'm on them again and really have to watch myself, before I realize what I'm doing I'm heading for the kitchen....again! :D

Kenna I thought of you and almost contacted you a month ago. He had a very hard time getting an appointment with the rhuematologist. They originally scheduled him for the end of October! It was killing me to watch him in all that pain. He resorted to calling the office almost every day and talked to the nurse and told her she had to get him in sooner. When the pain moved to his neck that was about all he could handle. I will warn him about the eating but really he is not over-weight at all...sucks! He eats a lot too! I feel so cheated! I just hope they can come up with a diagnoses and that the steriods actually help. They said that he would know within 24 hours and should have a remarkable improvement. If he doesn't then they will need to put him on antibiotics. Not a good option either! I won't lie I'm scared about what is causing this but I'm glad that at least the diagnosis is progressing. He has been to 4 doctors with nothing other than doctors not believing he is in that much pain!

Heidi, sent you a U2U!

Linda, I never had a problem with the Dr's understanding about the pain. In fact mine is trying to figure out why I don't complain about it more. I think my pain threshold has propably gone up considerably with the RA, but anything unrelated to that I'll notice at once. My Dr doesn't hesitate to act if I tell him I'm in pain, he knows if I mention it it's bad.

Linda thanks for getting mad for me. I'm worn out from getting mad! It is very frustrating. Our doctor would never had done that. My husband is a Marine and trust me he does not whine! I actually don't even have to watch anymore because when he gets up or getting ready for bed I just have to listen to how he is moving. Mornings and nights are the worst for him. He said this morning that his legs felt good but he still felt like somebody beat him with a 2x4. I told him I would try not to hit him so hard :P:P:P! We have to laugh or we would just cry.

I will keep all those with health issues in my prayers.

We found out yesterday that DH has glaucoma. He has been struggling with high cholesterol for many years. He has had heart issues and 2 balloon heart procedures, one with a stint. Four years ago he had to have his carotid artery cleaned out. About 6 weeks later, he had his rotator cuff repaired. He also has type 2 diabetes and has a difficult time keeping it under control.

I just hold my breath every time he goes to the doctor wondering what else might be wrong.

Archived