Heidi M

Heidi,

I can't go to retreat!! DeLoa has probably not had time to let you know. My DH, Bud, had a massive heart attack two weeks ago. The doctors gave us little hope of him making it through the surgery. He did and he is home. He had ruptures in both his left and right ventricles and was bleeding into the pericardium. He is 1 of 3 people in the U.S. with this condition. There were two cardiac teams working on him. I must say that I do not like being on "this side of the bed." You get a whole different view of life.

I am just a little wary of going so far from home. I was suppose to be in CA when he had the attack. I had canceled my trip b/c I had to much to do at the shop.

Dave came down this weekend and "sat" with Bud. He and Dave have become fast friends over the last two years. DeLoa told me that Dave was so upset and worried.

The doctors are telling us that DH is a true miracle and they are considering doing a study on him. I guess they should be proud since neither surgeon had seen this condition before and had no protocol to follow.

I am happy he is home with me and he does not know it yet but I plan on teaching him how to fold fat quarters. I think that should be great cardiac therapy!

I will plan on teaching again next year at Camp Mawana. You could come to LA in March!

Love ya,

S

OMG...Sandra how awful, yet you were blessed with his recovery. Sending prayers to you and yours, and may his recovery be complete with time. I too agree, you stay at home and make him toe the mark. I know he will mumble and grumble, but tough noogies.

I worry about my DH daily, with his stress labor intensive job, he's not as young as he once was and he feels he needs to prove himself to others as he is getting older, and scared of loosing his job to a younger man.

Sandra,

While I will miss you terribly you are in the right place! I'm so glad that the right doctors were in the right place at the right time! Dave coming down...LOL he is just a giant marshmallow in disguise! LOL Dave don't beat me up for that!!!!! Hang in there and please yell if I can do anything. You have been through so much this year!!!! I hope hubby keeps up with a good recovery! Give him a hug for me and tell him to behave!

I know how worried you must be. My hubby is having some medical issues right now too, although I pray not as serious as this! His have been going on since about May. Yesterday the doctor decided to start him on an intensive round of steroids and we're hoping for a quick relief from the pain. He basically hurts in every joint of his body. It has moved from knees, to hips, to arms, shoulders, neck and this morning it was a new one but don't recall what he said. He has been in constant pain for over 3 months and some days can hardly bend over enough to pull his pants on or pull his leg up to put his socks on. On top of all that our doctor was called out of the country on a family emergency so getting him to the right doctor has been really hard. He is now seeing a rhuematologist. They are leaning towards enthentesis but the symptoms that I'm reading don't really fit. The MRI they did 2 weeks showed a severe inflamation of his tendons and ligaments and they said it was no wonder he was in such pain. It has really caused me a lot of worry and I'm really not a huge worrier! My heart goes out to you because I can only imagine how you must feel! Hang in there and call if I can do anything!!!!

So pleased you are able to speak of hubby in present terms not past. Hugs to you and God Bless you both, and a special blessing for the Dr.s who went out and beyond.

I'll yearn for Mowana with you, I can't go this year either. another day, another time.

Hugs and God Bless, RitaR

Archived