NQR - How I kicked the habit. . .

Boni

I am an internet junkie. . .

My chair was way too comfortable and my posture was not good for my laptop. I acquired a used monitor, at eye level, and bought a cheap mechanics stool at Harbor Freight.

The stool is not very comfortable after fifteen minutes or so--that's my timer. The stool is only 16 pounds but it is rated to hold 300 pounds. It is adjustable from 16 to 20 inches (not for quilting). I can straddle it from any angle--unlike the chair that weighed 50 pounds and was a bear to move and always bumped the table or drawers.

The monitor at eye level prevents the hunching over the laptop. DH fixed it so I can use both screens even with my pen pad--APQS up top and autosketch down below. Now I can draw and chat at the same time.

So my plan now is to limit to 15 minutes at one sitting--much better for my neck and back and blood circulation. I really don't want to become obsessive about virtual life in cyberspace. I need real people to talk to and be around.

Do you have this problem???

post--13461902616846_thumb.jpg

Boni I had that problem with my old desk and computer, my neck would get soar all the time. But now I purchased a nice desk and chair, along with a new computer. I had an extra 32" flat panel T.V. that I use as a monitor and it all works out great.

I agree with Linzi. Unfortunately my work requires alot of computer time. I love the forum...it breaks up the monotony of work. Without this family...I would be bored everyday. My husband is even learning who my friends are. When I laugh out loud...he asks if it is something that Rita or Shannon or Heidi said. He gets a chuckle out of me on the chat...as long as I get my work done! :D

My husband made me a desk to go across my treadmill so that I could walk whenever I'm on the computer. I thought walking whenever I was online would help me get a little more exercise. What I found out was that I really didn't need to be on the computer as much as I thought. It's hard to cure general laziness.:P:P

Not sure if anyone noticed or not but I was AWOL from Friday morning till Sunday night. I was on a wonderful womens retreat at a ranch in Tennessee with my church. No internet, or phones, tv, just wonderful food, wonderful fellowship, and a true mountain top experience with the Lord!! Did not want to come home for sure. Great group of ladies from Greeneville TN who hosted the retreat and oh yes, A lovely speaker Melanie Brown from CA.

First thing I did after getting home though was fire up the laptop check email (43) mostly junk and log on and try to catch up on any posts I may have missed. I was tempted to take the laptop, but figured it wouldnt work. Thank God they know the importance of being away from all that!

I am glad to be home though and did miss ya'll

Archived