Straight leaders?

Okay first off do we know that leaders are straight.

Okay.

When I do this I get an extra set of hands and get a chalk line for drywall...and get one person to hold the string at one end and me run to the other end of the pole....make sure you are both on the center of the pole and snap the line...now you have a chalk line to tape the edge of the leader to...you should be straight and all should be great if the leaders are straight on the edges and equal depth the whole way down...all should be good.

Do you belong to a quilt guild? Do you belong to/go to a church? I bet you could get someone from there to help you. That person doesn't have to be very strong or anything, just another pair of hands. And who knows you may make a new friend. Plus someone is bound to want to see/learn about a longarm. Even lots of quilters have never seen one.

I know what it is like to go through a divorce and it is NOT fun at all. Hang in there, it does get better, honest.

Edie, can you still use the chalk line by yourself? Is there a way to tape the loose end of the line to one end of the pole, right in the center where you need it, then go to the other end, get it in the right position and then snap it?

Or do you have a seam in the pole? Is it straight? Can you use that as a guide?

I do pray for blessings and healing through this time of your life.

Edie, I just turned back the 1/2" on the leader and pinned it, then put the other end on and pinned it. From there I took off each loose part of the zipper and zipped them to each other, so I could tighten it and stitch it down. It was easy to find the centers and mark them that way. And you can clamp the chalk line with one of the side clamps, I think. I have the orange ones that came with my machine; and while I do not use them regularly I still have them hanging around. No pun intended:P

Ok, so I just re-read this and it's clear as mud?? HUH??:o :o I think it's Darlene Epp that has directions for putting the zippers on.

Someone jump in and tell me if I'm wrong.

Please know that we are all thinking of you and praying for you during this personal struggle. I've never been through a divorce, but did not get married til I was almost 34!! It was the 70's, what can I say! We will have 29 years in November; if I let him live:P:P:P

Just kidding!:P

But, now that I'm thinking (and this could be scary:D) does it matter if you're leaders are straight? You're pinning them together to get a straight line to sew your zippers to...right? So pin them together, roll snugly, spray with water and let them dry overnight. Then roll back and forth, set the channel lock, stitch a line and fold back to that line. Even if it is different lengths on each end of the leader, the line will be straight and square, giving you a place to attach your zippers. Make sense???

Archived