NQR-Looking to buy musical instruments...

In particular a Selmer Back trumpet and a Yamaha Alto Saxohone. Must be in very good condition. Price...as cheap as possible. My 2 oldest daughters started playing in the band in Middle School. Madeline is very petite but is learning the alto sax. She is loving it. Taylor is learning trumpet. The band teacher is already trying to persuade Taylor to switch to baritone. We will see if that happens. Either way, I am renting instruments from a music store in Idaho...and would rather own the instruments outright...but I do not like the prices they are asking.

If you have a baritone or french horn or piccolo, maybe quote me a price too.

Thanks in advance.

I almost forgot...I am in need of 2 music stands too. ;)

Kristina when Siana was playing the french horn and before she started private high school. I found on EBAY a great site in Idaho that was selling NEW gear for almost a steal compared to music store prices. A Selmer double FH was only 300.00 compared to the 1200.00 to buy from a local store. I was just about to hit the button to buy it, but she was accepted TechValley and they don't have a music department. If you would like I can find site again if you don't find something else.

When I bought my daughter's flute, I got a real steal off Ebay. I bid on the flute, and when the listing didn't make the reserve, the buyer e-mailed me and told me since I was the highest bidder she would take the amount that I had bid on it for. I got an almost brand new $1200 Gemeinhardt flute with a solid silver mouthpiece for $250, which was all I could afford. It would be worth a try to bid on some on Ebay.

Terri S.

I am renting instruments for the moment...so I will keep checking ebay for great deals. Thanks everyone. I live in a small town...so unfortunately alot of us are in the same boat. We have all been checking ebay and Craigslist Las Vegas and Salt Lake for instruments. Some of us will probably be outbidding each other. :D

I got it. Thanks Bonnie.

I am trying to finish a quilt. You know the one that I spoke to you last week about. That one. But, I keep getting caught up in silly conversations with you and Dory...and now Linda has joined in too.

Geesh...can't a girl just quilt? Not this one!!! I love the sideline chatter. Makes the day more fun! :P

Originally posted by sagebrushquilter

I got it. Thanks Bonnie.

I am trying to finish a quilt. You know the one that I spoke to you last week about. That one. But, I keep getting caught up in silly conversations with you and Dory...and now Linda has joined in too.

Geesh...can't a girl just quilt? Not this one!!! I love the sideline chatter. Makes the day more fun! :P

good glad it didn't get lost....AND just why would you want to finish a quilt....man there is other things to be doing... Maybe not the right things, but other things.... Yeah, I saw were Linda was talking to Marlyn and Roy.... and have to agree with her....the nurses in the nursing home I get sent to will think I really weird, but that's okay...maybe they will learn something.

And for some reason this day seems NEVER to end...4am's are killer days with no nap...:P

My 12 yr old daughter who is learning trumpet...is probably going to have to switch to the baritone (baby tuba). There is no low brass in this small band. She will get to play both instruments if all goes well. She can apparently switch between the two very easily, according to the band director.

Good to know Colleen, thanks for sharing! :)

Before my Dad retired, he was the band director in a small town. He had kids from 5th grade through high school. Each Fall he had an open house for parents, mostly parents of the 5th graders, but all were welcome. He invited a music store from the nearest "city" to bring instruments, both new and used. This was back in the days when stores extended credit and worked deals with their customers.

Kristina,

A friend sent me this URL earlier in the week:

http://shop.tuesdaymorning.com/index.asp?ssid=1&navptypeid=800

I don't think it helps, but just in case. In our neighborhood, fourth grade marks the point where the kids choose band, chorus, or orchestra. My daughter chose the clarinet and is learning on the same one (new reeds) that my husband used as a child. I do love hearing them play together.

Lynn

Archived