Uneven Stitches - Help Requested

I've sent several pictures to Connie but I'm not sure she's receiving them. This is one of the pictures from a quilt I did yesterday and the problem seems to be getting worse. With the S/R on, I'm getting larger stitches (it is set on 11) . . in the 6/inch range if I'm moving at a regular speed but as many as 13/inch when I slow down. This is something that is fairly new; it has been making wonderful stitches for the past year or so.

I have cleaned everything, made sure the wheels are adjusted correctly and am not sure what else to do. I'm getting better stitches without the S/R on and that isn't fun! Any suggestions as to what else I might try to adjust?

Thanks!

post--1346189786273_thumb.jpg

Hi Judy,

While you are waiting for Connie, have you checked that the rubber encoder wheel on the carriage (not the head axle,) is connecting and rotating with the brown wheel. It may be that the encoder box has shifted out a little. If this is the case, loosen the bolt that goes through the wheel and encoder box and push the encoder box plate so that the rubber wheel is a little closer to the brown wheel and tighten it up again. You could also check the position of the rubber wheel inside the wheel that is on the head axle.

Another thing to check is that there is no fluff, thread lint etc on any of the wheels.

Good luck

Sue in Australia

Judy,

I was having that problem last month as well as getting extra stitches when pausing or stopping with the SR on. It ended up being a bad Crydom relay. Connie sent me a new one and all is well again after a minor adjustment on the #8 pod. Hope this helps.

Patty

Judy,

I'm so glad this topic came up, although I'm sorry it has happend to you because I know how frustrating and disapointing it is. I've been having this same problem for quilte awhile. I'm looking forward to hearing what Connie has to say.

Polly

Our Millennium is doing this thing since day one. I just figured it's the nature of the beast and put up with it, no one ever complained or even noticed. However I can tell.

I checked the encoder pickup wheels several times, adjusted and cleaned them but there was never any change.

It will be an interesting question to ask Mike or Mark when I see them at MQS.

Hi Judy,

I had the same issue with the stitches. After readjusting the encoder and all wheels the final solution was that I was sent new circuit boards. Easy to change - no rocket science

After that everything was fine.

I had this posted under the Stitch Regulator topics.

Does this occure when you have a "constant" speed? The encoder is to slow to catch up with fast speed up and downs.

Guess the techs at APQS are preparing for the next big show.

Andrea

My understanding is new circuit board(s) are headed my way. My Millennium has not done this in the past so I do not believe it is operator error. Could be but it would seem it would have been happening before now since I've been using this machine for almost 2 years. In fact, when I first got it, I played around to see if I could "out run" the S/R because I had heard that with some brands, that would happen. Nope, got great stitches all the time. A friend has another brand and every time she slows down, she gets tiny stitches and she had always been amazed that I didn't get those stitches.

It's not easy to go at a constant speed when doing a panto like Divine Vine and I've done it many, many times with great stitches.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Hi All

Yikkes.... I didn't know I was bieng paged!!! lol.... been a little busy.. I am sending Judy a new set of boards..

I think in many cases it can be something different, crydom relay, bobbin winder. boards,,, or yes, some even out run the s.r.

The first thing is always adjust the little black wheel under the encoder box, slide it in closer.. I have even seen it be in the actual wheel adjustments ( cams ) Then, when you feel you have that all correct, we can start with watching the meter to see if it is changing, then, watch and make sure the red max speed light is not coming on... if it is, yes you can outrun the s.r.

If it is the crydom it will make a popping sound.. So, these are things to look for, and call me and we can figure it out on the phone!!!

Have a Great Day, See ya at MQS!!! Hey Sueppy.. I am your roomie!

Oh, by the way... We now have for sale Eye loops for timing your machine's Just like the ones we use here they will be $10.15 and they are available through us here at the factory!!!

Connie

Archived