Hey Mary Beth?

First of all....Bobbi, love your new avatar!! You are so beautiful!!

Second, I do pop in from time to time and try to keep up with all that is going on. I have decided to let you all catch up to me on posts. It was so boring being at the top all the time....alone ;)

Seriously, as Shana said, I have been walking every morning at 5:30 am - not crazy fast, just a good, brisk walk. Then about 4 nights a week I go to the gym and workout pretty hard. When I say pretty hard, I am not lifting weights or anything like that, just walking on Eliptical and tread mill.

Gott go back to work...I will finish at lunch time.

Okay, I'm back...

April....NO...not a smokin hot grandma...I just want to be around to see these kids grow up and....we took a body composition test at work last spring. If we didn't take it they would raise the price of our insurance $20/month. I took the test and found out some things I need to work on. Lately I have been thinking, if they come back after a year and we are the same or worse with our weight or body fat they will know we have not made any effort at making ourselves healthy....then they may raise our insurance. I'm not giving them that chance. Besides, I like how my clothes fit when I was slimmer.

Okay...now where was I....

In addition to the walking 3 miles in the morning and the gym, I watch Haylee on Tuesday nights, DH picks her up at daycare and we have her until about 8:30 pm....my bedtime.

We are also painting the house....but when I say "we"....I mean he ;):D DH has been gripping a 40' ladder with his toes and hanging with a death grip to the edge of the roof, just to paint the peaks. If any of you have seen our house, you know that was not an easy job. He has decided this will be the last paint job we do for this house. Our next house will be brick, steel siding or an earth contact ;) .

I need to get to Springfield to visit with my parents and make sure they are doing all they can to get through.

I have 2 leftover customer quilts and have been turning them away and giving them Jeannie's name. I have Luke and Becky's quilt loaded, but no time to work on it.

I think my taxes are done...yippee...so my quilting business is officially over. I don't know when I had the time to quilt. I think I was just very bad at juggling my time. I let myself go, I let my house go and I let me family go. So, I'm getting it all back together and will work on qulting if and when I can.

Thank you all for your messages. I do check in on you all sometimes at lunch when I can. Looks like you all are producing some beautiful works of art. I will be at MQS, I have heard of one new teacher that I must sign up for....can't wait in fact!! Of course Claudia's classes, what ever they are. And if I find something else that stikes my fancy.

OH Good! I'm so glad things are good for you! You need to give me a kick in the butt to make me go walk! I have the membership but didn't go much this summer... reallly neeeed toooo!!!!

Thanks for the update - I was just missing you and all your cute anecdotes. Please tell DH to be careful on that ladder, hope doesn't get MB-itis and hurt himself!

You take care and keep in touch with us!

PS, I saw SNOW in CO, and the west! I'm just enjoying Fall!!! So not ready for the white stuff!

Welllll, Bobbi...I could try to inspire you, but it would sound like preaching. I have a brother with type 2 diabetes. When he was diagnosed in the early stages I told him there are countless stories of people who start exercising and can stop taking the medication....he said, "Oh, taking the pills every day are no big deal." What!!! I cannot believe he said that. He is very over weight and the only exercise he gets is when he is surfing the internet. So now he is taking insulin every day and he still thinks it is no big deal. where do people get this idea??

I just don't want to be like that....take me down screaming if you must, but I don't want to make myself sick by being lazy. Now, I'm not saying everyone with type 2 diabetes is lazy....I'm just saying my brother is...I don't want it to run in the family.

See, I told you it would sound like I was preaching....

BTW the house is done, except for the shutters and the doors...they will be painted a shade of red....someday...the rain is starting....I am hoping that 6 years from now I am not still looking at a blue door and no shutters on the house ;)

Archived