What to adjust?

I have a Lenni that needs an adjustment but I am not sure what!

When I press the green button my machine starts stitching before I move it.

If I start stitching then stop, my machine does not stop!

The white button (needle up/down button) works fine & my machine stops when I press the green button to stop it. My problem is I have to keep the machine moving all the time it is on, or it just keeps stitching in the one place. Does this make sense?

What do I need to fix please?

Hi Jenny,

It sounds like you are in manual mode...if you flip the toggle switch to the up position you will be in stitch regulated mode and then the machine will stitch when you move it. The toggle switch is just beside the dial for stitches per inch on the LH side of the machine. Give it a try and let us know if this solves your problem.

Originally posted by Blue Wren

Hi Nadia,

Not in manual mode that's for sure!

I have the stitch regulator on at all times when stitching.

I have had the machine for a year but it seems to be getting worse :(

Don't want to beat a dead horse here, but are you sure you are in regulated mode? what Nadia said sounds right. You should NOT have to keep the machine moving at all times when in regulated mode. Are you getting the chirp of the stitch regulator?

If your toggle switch is in the up position, and you are getting the chirp, then something is not right with the regulator and you need to call the service line.

Please let us know how this turns out because my needle doesn't stop either, it doesn't keep stitching fast but it goes really slow, I always just turn the green button off, but if there is an adjustment I would love to hear about it. TIA

p.s.- I have a Lenni too

Jenny, did you get your adjustment for your Lenni sorted.? I also have a Lenni and have the same problem as Roberta. The white button (needle up/down button) works fine, but it keeps stitching when I stop moving, only slowly and sometime sounds like it is groaning.

Hi Kath,

Mike at APQS sent me a picture of the adjustments that need to be made on Lenni.

I had to make both of them.

I emailed a copy of the instructions to you. They are very clear.

Goodluck!

Let me know how you go :)

I have sent Roberta a U2U as I don't have her email address.

Thanks Sue

My problem was that the white button/up/down needle worked fine, but when in SR mode and I stop moving, the needle will take 3 to 4 extra stitches before it stops. I had already tried the needle up/down adjustment, but it had no effect, except slow down or speed up the white button needle up/down operation.

I did the adjustment with the instructions Jenny sent me, but if I turned the screw more than a 1/4 turn the White button did not work. In the end I went back to my original settings, or at least I hope I have.:)

Hi Kath

I think you'll have to contact Amy. It sounds like your problem is not the regular needle positioner adjustment. there are two places that you can adjust for the needle positioner but I'm thinking your problem is more related to the different 'frequency" of your power in the UK.

Good luck

sue in australia

Archived