Sally Terry

I am SO excited!!! I went to bed last night thinking maybe I should give up on this quilting dream of mine. After the mini strokes I have learned how to accept my limitations and be thankful I didn't suffer more severe damage. My short term memory stinks! I have a tough time learning new things. Since I live just a few hours from Paducah KY I decided to check out some of the attractions online so that my husband and I might take a weekend trip. What I found was the site for Sally Terry. We chatted online for a bit and then she called me. We came up with a plan!!!! She is going to customize a 3 day class for my husband and then he will be able to teach me. She is wonderful.....kind and thoughtful. I can't wait! God certainly works in mysterious ways...I was looking for a weekend trip and might have just found the person that can help us!!

Cheri Blevins

That is awesome, Cheri. The quilting community is so full of wonderful people. Well, actually, the whole world is full of wonderful people, but the quilt world is something special in itself.

Don't give up on the quilting dream. It may just be the ticket for further recovery and memory improvement.

And yes indeed, God works in mysterious ways.

Anita

Cheri,

I'm so excited for you! Like the others on the forum, I don't want you to give up on your quilting dream. Maybe the 'patterning' we do with brain/body coordination as we learn to LA can help you with stroke recovery. It makes me teary eyed to read that Sally and your husband have a plan that will help you. He must be a pretty cool guy:) Please keep us posted over time on how the plan is working.

Lynn

Archived