What would you quilt on this one?

I don't have a good picture of this quilt. That one you see there on that picture is the one

hanging at the local quilting store. The one I am doing looks the same to me but

my friend dosen't want hers quilted the same way:( There is, ecoing around the roses and leaves,

feathering in the triangles and diching in the 9 patches and stars.

Thank You,

Carmen

OK...sorry...I haven't laughed like this in a while. I'm not seeing any trace of Carmen's first post....and Hester says to make it smaller. Computers are great...they're forever proving I'm crazy. And my new glasses are distorting what's really there. Or, is it there and the specs are no good?

And I'm hearing voices, too. LOLOL. This a.m., when I finally got the nerve to tell my manager (in more professional terms than this, of course) that his proposal stunk, he said he hadn't really hadn't put it in those terms. What???? I analyzed something for 2 days that was never proposed? I'm crazy fer sher. Crazier yet, I helped him "remember"...no respect, huh?

Sorry for the frustration of uploading pics, Carmen...you're in good company with having that problem...but do know it provided some comic relief for me on an otherwise aggravating day.

Anita

ah, ok, I see, clicking on the small picture links to a picture you can see. whew! note to self...don't panic.

ooh, I like that quilt. Love the corners. Did your friend have suggestions as to what she likes? You may be able to find examples on the web by searching by the pattern name. Definitely deserves custom.

Anita

I know, I read Hester's post and responded "make it smaller? I can't see it now...don't make it smaller." Then I thought that sounded a little wise acrish...so I deleted. Then I read Carmen's name and was totally mixed up. Then I tried to help Carmen by goin gto her webshots...I made it little too...I have no idea how to help, but this has been an experience.

If you click on the photo, it will take you to a larger webshots photo. The quilt is gorgeous, Carmen! Definitely custom. Applique seems to look best with stitch-in-the-ditch and then a background fill; seems like the corners would look great with an expanding feather pattern. The squares go from what I call a broken dishes pattern to a ninepatch to a star. What about SID-ing the stars, then quilting the same star pattern over both the ninepatches and the broken dishes blocks?

:D:D:D:mad: Darn computers and old age. I totally forgot how to resized the pictures.

I have to wait until DH is home. I had posted a very big picture that was pixelated.

The quilt is a large queen, should be custom quilted I think. My friend dosen't want ecoing around the roses and leaves. Do you think stippling would look ok?

Gals, Thanks for the laughs. Have a great weekend,

Carmen

I am unable to see the corners but on the side around the applique I would suggest a large basket weave. I would mimic a minature version of the applique down the sashing strips and again am not sure aobut the blocks they don't all appear to be stars, or i need new glasses, so can't offer any suggestions

Melora

Archived