CircleLord Templates & Such

Mercedes

Hi,

I am considering purchasing a CircleLord. What I want to know is what are the most used accessories for the Circlelord - templates, etc. I currently only quilt for myself so, for now, these would be for my use BUT it's possible sometime in the near future I may branch out and start a business (if I ever retire). I value this forums input so would like to hear what you use most and what your recommendations are. Thanks....Mercedes

I only quilt for myself but have the Circle Lord and the front system plus a variety of boards and templates. I love the Swirls and Baptist Fan boards, as well as the 7 Treasures, Sakura, and Clam Shells and am loading a quilt right now and will use the Star Dance. For the templates I like Ginko and Aztec, Featherz and crosshatch, all which can be used from the front with the new, easy to use front system. I do have other templates and they are all great! Then there's the Spiro Thingy - too much fun! Michael is having a sale right now so this is a great time to buy!

Did you see the post with the link to Deb Levy's web site showing the quilting she has done using the CL templates? FABULOUS!!! Here's a link to her web site:

http://www.deborahlevyart.net/longarm-quilting/circle-lord/

And also the CL website, showcasing her work:

http://circlelord.blogspot.com/

It is sooooo hard to choose which boards and templates to start with and you won't go wrong with any of them. I love my Circle Lord!

I quilt for hire and must say the most used for me is the giant template "Swirlz). I have paid for it many times over. It looks great on EVERYTHING!!! I also use the Star Dance a lot, especially on my donated quilts. It is very fast and looks good. I would not do w/o the featherz templates, small and large, circles, spirals and Heartz templates. I also find the crosshatching (giant templates) a must have but if you get them you have to get the electronic lift for the stylus. It is a fantastic time saver. I have the spiro thingy and the "work from the front thingy" but haven't had time to use them yet. Maybe over Christmas. I have lots of templates but haven't had the time to do much playing.

I would say my favorite long boards are the Baptist Fan - because it is a very traditional, easy to recongnize pattern for customers. The next one would be Swirls. And I love the 7 Wonders template. All of these quilt up fast fast! And my list is not in order of favorites. Oh, I have the cable template, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. You can not go wrong with any of the CL templates. So, so easy to use and did I say you can guilt these patterns up fast ;)

Now, the smaller templates that go on the CL base....I love them all! These templates are the best! If you need a design in a block, you just center the template on the block and away you go. So easy to use....all of them. Even the templates that come with the design books. Even though the patterns look a little intimidating, I have found that if you read the typed instructions along with looking at the pictures it is easy breezy ;)

If you are just quiting for yourself or even thinking of going into business, the CL is the best investment you can make. Hands down!! I've had the rest....now I have the best!! ;) I love my CL.....this was not a paid announcement!:D

Gosh I almost forgot...the Crosshatch template is worth it's weight in gold!! I have tried crosshatching with another base unit and it turned out terrible. Then I tried to mark the sides of the area I was quilting with tick marks then use a ruler...I almost ended up in the loony bin...then I got the CL Crosshatch template and I Crosshatched everything that came through the door. It is so easy to use, you must have one of those templates too.

Start slow and build your stash...just like you do with fabric.

My most used CL giant templates are:

Waves and Zig Zag -- VERY versatile, and can be used for crosshatching. And the wave, alone, makes for a VERY FAST and easy quilting job.

Swirlz -- Everyone loves it.

Baptist Fan -- Great for traditional quilts.

Most used small template: Featherz

It is hard to say which one to go with first. If you do more traditional quilting, then I would get something to help with the crosshatching - unless you have another method that works well. However, I have not found anything that works as well, is quick and is as easy as the CL template.

Linda is right Swirls would be my next pick.

I like the Zig-Zag and it does have a zillion differnt designs you can use, but it would not be my first pick. I do have that template and I love it, but I think it can be a little intimidating at first.

Archived