Circle Lord Challenge Proposal

circlelord

Hi Circlelord family, and all forum members,

Thanks to Mary Beth, here is an offer.

How would you like a real quilt show with prizes.? Winners chosen by Viewers Choice.

Of course, I'll need a couple of helpers, because a quilt show is more than one man can handle. Mary Beth and someone, else chosen later. You can send photos of any number of quilts.

The voting will be on the quilt, not the quilter. You should add

some detail on the quilt. Details later.

The only rule would be that a finished quilt has to have a clearly seen Circlelord pattern on it. It can by your quilt, or one done for a customer.

There would be two categories, one,Giant template and, two, design templates.

Because it is hard to get a picture of the whole quilt and detail, partial quilt photos will do. More than one photo of the quilt can be posted.

Voters can vote only once. We don't want boosters loading up for their favorite. You don't have to have a Circle Lord to vote.

If it is OK with the APQS forum moderator, you can post your quilts on the Forum under this post, or I may open another, and then Ill take the pictures and post them in a Blog. I don't want to overload the APQS Forum with a series of postings on the Circlelord. If you can't post you can send your photo to one of the contest moderators.

In April, you can vote, and then winners will be chosen. Prizes will be in template credit. Then, maybe, the winners can be announced at MQS.

There will be 15 prizes based on voting. First prize will be $1200.00 in templates, and then 14 more in lesser amounts to be announced later.

Mary Beth has agreed to be contest moderator, acting as a

Circlelord consultant.

Please let me know how this sounds, either by replying here,

or by email to loricles@loriclesquilting.com by clicking on the email address button below.

In the meantime, continue to post on Mary Beths posting. Your

pictures will be transferred to the blog.

Merry Christmas,

Michael and Kay

WELL, after re reading it sends photos of any number of quilts plural, so I would assume that means by one person and we can submit as many as we want to. I hope to have my first one finished sometime this week, definately not my best work but I feel the longer I take in between quilts it is like starting all over again. I DIGRESS in between, UGH:mad:

Thank you all for your support.

Carol Lyon at mailto:carol@lyondenquilting.com

is now working with the Circlelord Quilt Show.

For those of you that don't want to upload you pictures to the APQS forum, you can send them to Carol, and she will upload them to the Forum and to the Blog. Mary Beth will do the same

with any sent to her.

In the meantime keep posting pictures on the Circlelord Challenge page started by Mary Beth. They will be downloaded to the Blog

I will have the complete set of rules posted by Saturday.

later.

Please add some detail, the same as you would for a regular quilt show. Size, pattern, who did, who designed etc. . Try to

have a picture of as much of the quilt as you can, and then some close detail.

Merry Christmas,

Michael & Kay

Originally posted by circlelord

I will have the complete set of rules posted by Saturday.

later.

Merry Christmas,

Michael & Kay

Wow! The suspense is killing me....You think Christmas got in the way and Michael is busy with other things ;)

Just kidding Michael take your time. I'm sure everyone is busy with Christmas anyway.

Archived