Planning an attic remodel for my studio

Good Morning Ladies, Merry Christmas!

Yes, the space is big, 600 sf. by 8' high. Then, it slopes down to 2' there is some space after that but DH want to keep it free for air space and such.

The rest of the other availabe space, I have been using, for my holiday

decorations and boxes of things that, only God knows why I still hang on to them.

It does have room for 2 machines, powder room a 48"X60" window. We will have cabinets

in the sloping area, desk, sewing machine, and cutting table. Space for rolls of batting.

The previous owner was planning an office for the space. The staircase will be through the garage. I won't have to use any of my living space. Gretchen (my Liberty) will be at the spa resting and recovering during the remodeling, she needs it.

Thank You,

Carmen

Hi Carmen.

We have a lot in common. I have my Liberty in my attic and love it. Just make sure you like going up and down the stairs a lot!!

Our attic has a angled roof also. That is where I put my desk and sewing machine. My Liberty runs parallel to the longest wall. I am in the north east where it gets very hot and very cold up there, so we have AC and electric heaters.

Sounds like your lighting is perfect!

Have fun.

Lisa

APQS Liberty

Circle Lord

NW NJ

My best advice to you is to go to google "images" and type in quilt studio or longarm studio. You will get a ton of pictures of great ideas people have come up with for studios in different areas. You may even find some from regular spaces that will work in your space. Either way, it is very inspiring to see what people come up with.

Sounds wonderful! iknow if you google quilting studio it will bring up a lot of things, and near the top the is a site that has links to many studios. She's gathered ;

links from all over the web. t's great, i've yet to make it through all of them! Sherry Rogers Harrison had a studio in an attic once and had pictures up, and our Linda S. has hers in her attic and has pics on her webshots.

Archived