This girl really wants to quilt

I've seen pictures of people taking their piecing with them and setting up in the back of the RV where the "toys" go in the toy haulers; but I've never seen anyone take their longarm with them! That is amazing!!!

Did you have any problems leveling the table? Do you have people stopping by wondering what the heck you are doing???

What a great, great way to take your passion with you!!!

Originally posted by jclark

We spend winters in Arizona every year and last year I had to leave behind in Montana my new to me Millie.

Wow! I'm getting claustrophobic just looking at this setup but I love the idea of a traveling Millie. Where in Arizona are you staying?

For the person asking about the dust and heat - this time of year normally isn't the time for dust storms. We still have dust as we are in the desert (central and southern Arizona) but very seldom do we have the real blowing dust - at least not in the cities. The temperatures this time of the year aren't too bad - mid 60s during the days and in the 30s and 40s at night although we can get below freezing temps at night in January. I have turned into a big wimp after 35 years here and I do freeze at night and on some days - I need to stand in the sun! I would think the temp inside the trailer wouldn't be too bad as long as you had the end open for air circulation.

Sue is right, there isn't any blowing dust where we are near Quartzsite and the high temps are just hovering near 70--so far so good. We get electricity from a generator that we run to charge the motor home batteries. I am just loving it and my sweet husband, I'm off to quilt!

Archived