accuquilt

Hi Nora,

I've got the AccuQuilt Go and I'm very happy with it. It's easy to store when I don't need it and easy to carry for example for classes.

It cuts at least four layers of fabric without any problems, cutting more layers is possible but you should look after the grain so that the fabric won't go out of shape (guess why I know :) )

I started with simple square and triangle dies and added stripe cutter and parallelogramm dies. That offers thousands of designs which I love to design and try in different colour variations with EQ6 until I've found my favorite version for a quilt.

If I would own a fabric shop, I think I would like to have the Studio Cutter, but for my purpose (semi professional use) the AccuQuilt Go is perfect.

Hope this will help a little :)

I have the studio model and I LOVE it! I can cut 20 layers of most fabric at a time. The strip cutters are wonderful. I can also recommend the set for the 12" block. It covers about everything. I use a lot of 2.5 inch strips so would hate to do without the strip cutter. I have the bears paw, double wedding ring,dresden plate, rob peter to pay paul sets and several square and triangle sets. I have the strip cutters in 4 sizes but use the 2.5 the most. They are having a GREAT 1/2 price sale for the next couple of days. It is on the studio dies. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Cheri Blevins

I have the studio model and really enjoy having it. It saves a lot of time cutting out (more time for quilting!) and is very easy to use. I bought the basic 12 inch set and the 2.5 inch strip cutter to start. I have since added several more: Take Five, Drunkards path, Rob Peter to Pay Paul, apple core, chisel, etc.

Cheri: Thanks for the heads up. My email notices from Accuquilt keep getting caught in my server's spam filter. I just went to the site and purchased Overall Sam and Sunbonnet Sue.

Pamela

I have the Studio model, and I am extremely pleased with it. For my 4-H group, I was preparing 6" square kits to be sewn, and the cutting time was really becoming prohibitive. I took the plunge, bought the Studio, and now, instead of an hour a hit, I am cutting maybe ten-to-fifteen minutes a kit. A lot of what you sew will have a bearing as to how much you use this investment. For me, the squares are a hit, and that's what we start our sewing youngsters out on. Hint: if you tell the boys this is an "engineering job", they seem to take to the process more readily. LOL Our finished quilts are then sent to Walter Reed Army Medical Center and the Fisher House across the street. The youngsters get community service from this project, and they seem to enjoy the notariety. Shere Machado, Salinas, CA

I've been interested in the Accuquilt/Accucut also. I went to the Accuquilt site and there's no mention of a sale but if you go to the Accucut site the 50 percent off is posted but it states that the sale isn't for any Accuquilt products? Not trying to put anyone on the spot but is there a code for the 50percent off on the dies or can you use the Mark/Gran Mark machines and guides for fabric? The "go" just looks to small for cutting large quilts/strips. Decisions, Decisions.

I have the Accuquilt Studio with a multitude of dies. I love this new tool! I can cut out an applique quilt (with Ricky Tims dies) in 15 minutes. I cut out a king sized quilt made of 2 1/2" strips in 15-20 minutes. All of the cuts are exact and everything I have cut so far has fit together perfectly! I have demoed (sp?) the Go! and I believe that it is worth spending the extra $$$ on the Studio, if you have the room. It cuts thru more layers of fabrics and is a much heavier piece of equipment, and it has a lifetime warranty!

Hi!

I upgraded to the Accuquilt Studio about a year and a half ago and LOVE it. I started a business out of my home custom cutting fabric for people. They send me the fabric and I cut it and send it back to them. I have found the applique shapes sell best, but for personal use I love the 12" die set. Most people aren't willing to pay for shapes they can cut easily with a rotary cutter (at least in this economy). The studio dies are expensive, but I have a wish list for husband and family for Christmas, birthday, anniversaries, Valentine's Day, etc. I'm not hard to buy for!!

I highly recommend this machine. I also belong to the yahoo group--it's a great place for info as well.

Rose Hall

Mary Beth,

They are real time savers. If you piece many quilts you will also appreciate how precise the pieces are. My daughter wants to hand piece a queen size double wedding ring cut from my scraps but she dreaded all the cutting. She wanted to keep it as scrappy as possible so we got all of my VERY small scraps out, ironed them and cut them in an afternoon.

I couldn't say how long it actually took because we spent soooo much time "remembering" what was made from each fabric. ;) She says the pieces are going together so nicely because of being machine cut.

Cheri Blevins

Archived