Suggestions on how to quilt these

I have attached photos of the 2 log cabin baby quilt tops that I just finished. I am not sure on how I want to quilt them:o I thought to use a loftier batting and sid on the logs but then the centers and borders become the question. :o:o

Any and all expert ideas are welcomed.

2236413050105032900S500x500Q85.jpg 2238161670105032900S500x500Q85.jpg 2724579040105032900S500x500Q85.jpg 2302532190105032900S500x500Q85.jpg

Denice,

On the first one I would probably feather it. The big border is a lovely place for feathers. Even the logs are a good place. You could also use a stencil. For the center blocks I might consider just a meander or even cross hatching.

On the Farm quilt I would piano key that border. I would probably do straight lines or cross hatching in the logs and just outline the farm animals. Another thing you could do is to quilt the names of the animals or the sounds they make. Cute quilts.

Heidi,

I really like your idea on the feathers in the first one for the border. I am thinking that the meandering on the center may be the best. But my step daughter wants the "fairies" to POP. I am not sure if meandering would do that.

I love the idea for the the second one would be neat to quilt the animal names or sounds. I have never done a Piano key so this would be a new challenge.

Love them both. The first one, the fairy's & flowers could be outline with a small filler of pebbles & lines to make them stand out. The border could be divided in to sections with feathers and piano keys or flowers and feathers. You can pull a few designs from the quilt to work with.

The farm animals would be cute outlined with background filler also. I also like the names and sounds.

Both will be fun to quilt!

Archived