I'd like to move my light.

Hi all,

I've been sick for a couple of weeks, but now I'm back to quilting and I needed my hubby to tighten my light that's in front of the needle because it was loose. Well, he broke the bulb and I started thinking that maybe now would be a good time to change it up a bit. I have a 2007 Freedom SR and I don't like how my view is obstructed by the light bar in front of the needle. Has anyone moved the bar so its behind the needle? Or made a different change that gave you more visibility?

Jessica

Hi Jessica, on my 2007 Millie, I moved the light to a position behind the needle. I found that helped alot with my visibility, although it could be annoying on occasion when the light got in my eyes. Mostly, thought, it was a good change. My husband just extended the wires and connected the light to the two screws at the rear of the Millie with what I thought he called "plumber's tape." It was a strip of metal with holes in it for screws that is very bendable. I know Sherry has a post with pictures...I'll try to find it for you.

have you seen those bendable stick on lights in your LQS? i am wondering if anyone has used those and what they think of them. my friend has a midarm on a grace frame and she attached one to it and she says she likes it. she is not as picky as i am tho. any thoughts???

I have a bendable LED light on my Brother machine I use for piecing. Its very helpful but tends to move/sag after a while because of the vibrations. I have a feeling it would not work well on my APQS Freedom. Does APQS sell the longer light cords. Moving the light is a great idea!

Don Fagnan

The only thing about the bendable light is it has one of those larger plugs, I put mine on the back of the machine because I don't have a laser and it helps me see the stylus. It isn't a huge circle of light but it is bright. I've hopefully attached some photos.

Does it really make a difference moving the front light behind the needle?

post--13461903170822_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by ckeindl

Does it really make a difference moving the front light behind the needle?

I am very tall, and I thought it made a big difference in visibility. When I moved my light to the back on my old machine, I angled it forward so the light would shine towards the front. The metal plate in the front blocked the light coming forward, but angling it took care of that. I didn't want to turn the light around and put the plate at the back, cause then I would be looking right at the bulb.

Archived