nqr It sucks getting old? (birthday alone)

I just read "it sucks getting old"

Tomorrow we bury the 29 yr old mother of 2 beautiful children. A slight "nick" during surgery ended up killing her.

Her husband is a career serviceman, a pilot. She was an incredible young woman, we watched her grow up in our church. She was my daughter's best friend in high school. I wanted to watch her grow old.

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of this young woman, wife and mother. So, so sad to hear of something like this.

I was thinking the same thing. I can remember teasing my sister when she turned 50. She said that it was sure better than the alternative. My sister passed away from cancer 1 month and 1 day after her 50th birthday.

We need to be happy for each day that we have. Sometime we just lose sight of that, I know I have done it many times.

We do need to be aware of the worth of our days. God does have a plan for each of us. I'm still figuring out what His is for me, but yesterday confirmed that I'm still to be here.

I was on my icy way to embroidery club (45 min drive) and 3/4 of a mile from my driveway, my van started to go left (where there was no left to go to). Nothing I could do but call out, Oh God, help please! And He did. The van went into the snow filled ditch on the east and swung around enough before laying on the passenger's side that I could see the row of trees on the west side of the road. There I am, hanging in my seat belt with the driver's door now the "roof" of the van. Not a scratch, bump, or bruise to any of me. The van will need to be totaled or worked on, but God had me in His own special "sling." Rescue came to my 911 call, cut out the windshield and helped me out and got me home. The lessons we or others can learn by the way we live our lives.

I pray that each of you learn your lessons the easy way and others learn from yours. Thanks for being here. You are one of my daily visits.

So sad, it's times like these that we realise that life is not be taken for granted

15 yrs ago I lost my step brother to a brain tumor. We were the same age (I am just 2 weeks older) but since he lived with us during my high school years we got close because we hung out with the same crowd. He was 28 when he died. He left behind 2 small kids and a young wife. Every year when my B-day comes around I think of him and think of how his life was cut too short, but while he was alive he sure knew how to live! He was sort of a dare devil, wasn't afraid of anything, and had a heart of gold.

Archived