Mark/Amy How about visiting Australia with your maintenance class

Following the success of the APQS maintenance visit to England can you please organise one to Australia too.

I realise we are further away and a lot more spread out. But classes in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia would be greatly appreciated by all of the APQS owners here.

We can't easily send our machines in for a Spa Treatment, so we really need to have the maintenance team come to us and teach us all how to do it.

Please, please, we can offer lovely warm weather.

Lyn

Hi ladies

This is something that is being considered - but it doesn't do any harm to bring it up again!!!

(Hi Shelley - you might be scared - but you did a great job!)

In the meantime ladies, would there be interest in a maintenance video that shows close ups of timing, changing brushes, - all the things that are covered when Mark or Amy do their classes?

Originally posted by smorris

In the meantime ladies, would there be interest in a maintenance video that shows close ups of timing, changing brushes, - all the things that are covered when Mark or Amy do their classes?

I would certainly be interested in a video...as I doubt I will ever get to Iowa and I doubt that Mark would want to come to rural Nevada to see little ole me! Unless of course he likes to snowboard and he likes to be around lots of kids! :D

I think that is a really great idea!!!!

I am sure that it would not only be welcome down under, but all over the world.

There is nothing like hands on, but APQS have shown they can produce really great training material (look at what they have done on Utube). I have spent the money to go to the states to learn maintenance of my Millie, but a DVD would be great as a refresher, help along the way and prod the old mind to remember everything that was taught in Iowa.

I think this would be a great Must have DVD for all machine owners! I say: "Go for it!!"

Cheers,

The DVD idea is great too! It's always good to see things as they really are - in real life - seems to make more sense.

Sue, I didn't feel I did anything! But I would like to understand more about how the machine works, then I would feel more confident. I would rather deliver a baby than mess with my machine! ( for those that don't know me, I am a trained midwife!)

Thanks to Sue and Amy for solving some recent problems I've had, you're the best!

Shelley

A DVD would be great, but a class, well that involves coffee and cake (and maybe a glass of wine afterwards) and a chat, and a bit of a quilt show too. What could be better. But I guess here in rural Western Australia, as in rural Nevada, a DVD is more practical. I'd be prepared to travel if someone was coming to Australia - so long as its not delivering babies, I'll leave that in Shelley's capable hands!;)

Hi Judy and everyone

Whilst we'd all love to see Mark and Amy over here, its difficult to schedule however, you are all welcome to come to our studio for a maintenance class. We've run them over the last 12 years for individuals and for groups. It is the same class that Mark and Amy run, covering all the same topics and you will go away with the "official" hand out. You can be hands on if you wish, changing brushes, setting timing adjusting wheels or just watch me do it.

My qualifications to teach the class: Almost every year I take a trip to the factory to update my Service training. I am a factory trained technician, trained by the best Mark, Connie and Amy. Our next service training at the factory is in 3 weeks - can't wait.

New machines are now coming with a DVD which shows how to do the same maintenance tasks that Amy and Mark and I teach. Maybe the Aussie ladies who purchased their machines before the DVDs came with the machines would like a copy. If you would, please email me privately - smorris@comcen.com.au

Our next scheduled maintenance class in Melbourne is on the 21st April, with CQ and Pre Design training the following day. We will also have Art & Stitch to show and tell.

I was not able to go the Linzi's this weekend :( Though I hope to go later in the year.

A maintenance video would be a great idea. specially for those who cannot go to classes. Even for those that have been able to go to the classes. It would be a great refresher.

• 7 months later...
Originally posted by smorris

Hi Judy and everyone

Whilst we'd all love to see Mark and Amy over here, its difficult to schedule however, you are all welcome to come to our studio for a maintenance class. We've run them over the last 12 years for individuals and for groups. It is the same class that Mark and Amy run, covering all the same topics and you will go away with the "official" hand out. You can be hands on if you wish, changing brushes, setting timing adjusting wheels or just watch me do it.

My qualifications to teach the class: Almost every year I take a trip to the factory to update my Service training. I am a factory trained technician, trained by the best Mark, Connie and Amy. Our next service training at the factory is in 3 weeks - can't wait.

New machines are now coming with a DVD which shows how to do the same maintenance tasks that Amy and Mark and I teach. Maybe the Aussie ladies who purchased their machines before the DVDs came with the machines would like a copy. If you would, please email me privately - smorris@comcen.com.au

Our next scheduled maintenance class in Melbourne is on the 21st April, with CQ and Pre Design training the following day. We will also have Art & Stitch to show and tell.

Archived