instructions please!

I have ordered 3 items in the last couple of months and not one has come with any instructions! First was a tension gauge, thank goodness for this Forum and all the wonderful people on it...I found the answer to my question...Second and Third are a extended base and rulers...my base plate does not slide under the hopping foot. (Millennium-with t/c, rulermate base) Do you have to remove anything to get this on, or should it slide under the foot? Last is the rulers, is it standard that you have to order the instructions separate, or is there a ruler bible out there that I would love? I hope this doesn't sound to negative, I am just a little frustrated.

Welcome Lori.

First of all, in regards to the RulerMate...you need to remove the flat plate and then install the RM. Leave the washers on place though as they are spacers needed for the thread cutter.

Rulers...there are lots of youtube videos out there that can show you the proper way to use the fancy rulers.

Just ask if you have more questions...that is what we are all here for. To learn from each other! :)

Hi Lori,

Which brand of rulers are you talking about? When I owned longarmsupplies.com, I carried both the Gadget Girls rulers and Sherry Rogers-Harrison templates. Both came with good instruction and idea sheets.

If you're using the Hartley Base, don't forget to remove the "plugs on the side of the machine. Otherwise you won't get a good fit. I think this is the source of the problem most are having with that base. I know it used to come with instructions that told you to remove the plugs from the machine. If all else fails, read the instructions. LOL ;)

Thank you for your help. Today I received a wonderful e-mail from ruler-mate, they forgot to include the instruction, and were very apologetic. Printed out some great instructions for my "little how to book"

Darlene, I didn't order my rulers from the companies you mentioned, but will look them up.

Thanks again for being there!

Lori

• 1 month later...

Thank you to all the wonderful people that post here..I have learned so much!

It's been awhile, here is my update....I LOVE my Ruler Mate! I can't get enough of it!! I only have 3 rulers and will be looking for more!! The next thing I am buying for my big strong hunk is Edgeriders! Read the site and it sounds like they are wonderful too! I understand that the Machine Quilters Expo is coming to Portland Oregon in 2011, is this right? Do they have wonderful products that you can see and touch? I think I would like more rulers and maybe a "zoid" or CL!! But I would like to see them before I buy. Again thank you is makes me a proud owner of an APQS!

Originally posted by ffq-lar

...mine also say to remove the needle plate and washers before installing. Hint: use a big safety pin to store the washers--don't ask me why I know this--just picture me at ten pm on the floor with a flashlight. Get the picture?:P

LOL, That was DH and me a few months back when we were messing around with my hook assembly..he loosened, then lost the tiny screws that hold the collar on the hook. We were all over the tile floor looking for the thing. My kids thought we were nuts! well we are but we were hoping that they wouldn't notice yet:D:D:P:P:D:D

Archived