Quilting Bee Challenge

My previous guild chose paint color cards and stated rules to go with them.

Black and white and one color from the card only. Any design with a size requirement. It was fun.

Color cards with simple traditional pattern...use only the colors on the card....and can set the pattern blocks any way you wish...on point, with or w/wo sashing. Lots of beautiful quilts came from these ideas.

This idea is a great way to use up scraps. Have each member cut three inch squares from scraps (lots of squares). Each person will bring their squares and all the squares will be dumped into a big trash bag and mixed up really well. Each lady will grab a big handful. Have them put the handful in a smaller brown bag. Now the pattern is called no peek nine patch. They must pull out nine squares one at a time and sew them into a nine patch block. NO cheating and putting something back. You will all have a great time, laugh a lot and be very suprised at how great the blocks will look. Did I mention you need a lot of squares. All that will be needed is sashings and borders and you have quilt tops.You can plan a pot luck and quilt til you wilt. Just my two cents.

Nora

Archived