New Lenni Lights

Jessica, I really like what your husband did on your new lights. It looks really good. My husband also made me new lights about a month or so ago. I used some of Matt's instructions and then had to come up with some of my own but they turned out sooooo good and look like they came with the machine. All this for about $80. (Thanks Matt) Ignore the un-kept look of the room. My hubby often asks me why I don't clean it up. I tell him it is cleaned up. This is just how it looks!

post--13461903561209_thumb.jpg

Sylvia your lights look great. I definately need something like this setting up. The light at night in my studio which is a conservatory is really bad. I just need to sweet talk my DS.

BTW your studio also looks great, it is definately a lot tidier than mine is right now:P

Sylvia

Love your lights and it certainly looks neat to me. Don't think I will post pictures of mine right now it looks like a tornado hit it. I will post pictures once the new studio is complete and all is moved in and organized though. so far only the foundation is done, he tells me by next week it should be dried in! guess that means all framed and roofed and sided in plywood.

Sheri, these are natural lights. They don't hummmmm and they are cool and all colors look the correct hue. (This again thanks to Matt). I wouldn't have thought about that had he not mentioned it on his blog. Kath, Mike b built mine for me in just about 2 hours and that included spray paint and drying time. Now I can see ALL my mistakes! Ha!

Janice, I'll have to get the "list of items" from Mike and post them. We basically used Matt'S (ManQuilter) directions from his blog (go to his post above and see) but we had to change some things up a bit because he has a Mille and I have a Lenni so the tables are different. My lights actually have legs but are strapped to the table. We also used larger pipe and didn't bend our pipes but bought the "L" shaped pieces we needed.

Kenna, that fabric is all from Hobby Lobby and the pattern is a free one from Moda called "Nests." I have it close to being ready to quilt. It is a fun project.

Kath, My cords ride along the top of the poles. The plug into a surge protector that sits on the floor. I use my toe to turn them on and off. They are instant on/off and it works perfectly.

Linnea, I am short so I wanted my lights high enough to keep me from feeling shut in and low enough to provide that right lighting (I also wanted to still use my ceiling fan in the room). My ceiling is 9' so I had a little wiggle room but not a bunch.

Archived