head binding along the track

Last week I posted a msg about the wheel driving me crazy and got lots of expert advice. We checked the bed for level and it's perfectly level in all directions...yet the head is still binding. Here's what's happening....

When I'm standing in front of the machine and have the head pulled all the way towards me it binds in several places all the track going right to left or left to right. It gets REALLY tight in some spots. Yet if I push the head all the way back and move it right to left it moves easily. So what is causing this to happen? Is it the wheels? I've cleaned the track, checked it for thread wrapped around the wheels...etc. I've no idea how to fix the problem and am totally frustrated.

I hope someone has the answers and can help me.

Thanks

Rita

Hi Heidi, yes we did adjust that bolt tonight and found it was still binding. My hubby then got his 8 ft level and checked the machine ...and altho it checked as level on way it wasn't level with the floor and that was because of my hydraulic lift. He's adjusted that and that made a big difference. then he removed the little wheel off the back that control I think it's the stitch regular and that made 100% difference. The machine now glides smoothly, just like it should. He thinks that wheel was on too tight or not adjusted properly. I have been missing stitches and skipping stitches when I sew and he thinks this wheel is what caused the problem.

Rita

Kenna, I hope she sees this too, cause there's no words to describe how frustrating it can be when a gal wants to quilt and the machine won't co-operate! <LOL>

I"m so thankful that my hubby found the problem. I would have replaced the wheels before looking at them and finding that they could be adjusted with an allan wrench. My wheels have never fit the track properly but now they do..yahoo!

Rita

Someone had the same question either here or on another board. My recommendation was to check the table itself. You know the big round things that you had to measure to put the table and rails together. Maybe a nut has come loose. Check across the table at every nut to make sure they are the same. Sometimes things move or loosen. That was all I could think of as they had checked everything else.

Shirley

Hi everyone. I just finally registered after a few years of eavesdropping. I bought a green Millie (Violet) about 3 years ago just for my own use, not for a business. I've done several quilts but am just now trying to expand what I can do and use it more. I've quilted probably 10 quilts freehand and 4 pantos. I bought up a bunch of practice quilts from craigslist so I have lots to practice on. I love to read all the suggestions for different problems. I live in auburn, washington with my husband, 7 dogs, 5 cats and two horses. We haave our daughter, her husband and 3 grandchildren living right next door so we think we are living the good life in our retirement. Life is good.

Welcome to the forum Carreen! If you've been lurking for three years, you will know everyone here like your family!

To post to a new thread, just go to the top of the page, select the forum you want, and click on the tab marked "Topic". Start a new one, and you'll get tons of welcomes!

Oh, and 3 grandkids right next door?! You lucky Grandma!

Archived