Latest Quilt - with pics

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

I just finished this monster at 2:30 this morning. It was 105.5" x 93". 16" borders top and bottom, 10" borders on the sides, and 15" blocks. I loved the fabrics, but the quilt had the "let's add some really big borders and sashing so we can make it fit the bed" feel to it. Also, it's hard to discern that the blocks are the Scales of Justice, the Hand Raised in Swearing an Oath (I swore many times during this one!:P), Books, and a Judge's Gavel.

1312_Law_Quilt_1.jpg

1312_Law_Quilt_2_1.jpg

1312_Law_Quilt_bottom_border_1.jpg

It's good to have this one DONE!

Linda

Linda you did just great. I haven't had a quilt with borders this size. I will be adding large borders to quilt of my own that is taking me forever to get done just so I can try the feather technique. I have lots of CQ feathers but I want to do them myself. I love this quilt.

The quilting definately makes this quilt. No doubt.

I would love to take one of Sherry's feather classes and I plan to order Nichole Webbs CD. They are so beautiful.

Again, great job.

How do you mark you feathers or do you? If so what template are you using or is this Sherry's technique. I just love them.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY also.

Grammie

Guest Linda S

Grammie - I usually just use a circle template and draw part-way around to make the feather spines (like on the side borders). The top and bottom borders posed a problem, as they were so huge. I drew a line down the center of the borders, then used Tracey Browning's serpentine template to draw a wavy spine. Then I used the circle template to draw some spines off of that. On the top border, all the spines go to the right, on the bottom, they all go to the left. Of course, on the sides, they alternate.

Linda

Linda -

I love the quilting - you did a great job! Thanks for saying

what the blocks were, I could see them after I looked again!

I bet you were very glad to get this one done and off the

machine - but hey - great feathers! Thanks for sharing!

Archived