Deloa Jones in Upstate NY - need interest - I added more details below! - teachers Deloa and Jessica Brunnemer-Jones

Hey girls & guys. I would like to know if any of you would be interested in coming to camp in upstate NY the first week of Oct.? I'm trying to get something set-up just like Camp Mowana at Sonrise in Schroon Lake/pottersville, probably 1 1/2 hours north of me. It would be a beautiful time of year!!!! Let me know if any of you girls in my neighborhood are interested.

OK I am seriously interested in the upper NY classes... if it is definitely going to be 1st week of Oct maybe... we could switch from Mowana to NY? My MIL lives in Watertown... it would be easier to travel there rather than fly to Ohio. So... I need to make plans buy my airplane tickets like super pronto. Can you let me know if this is nailed down and if it's Oct 4-7 maybe we can do that instead? Hmmmm.....

Hmmm Shana I see your thinking. Problem is I don't know that DeLoa will decide 100% for sure quick enough for you. I'm hoping that I can tell her that I have 20 really interested and then we'll finalize plans. She is very interested in coming this way and 25 just doesn't sound like a lot to me! Deloa said they would come right from Camp Mowana since they'd already have everything loaded and ready to go.

I emailed Deloa earlier today requesting more info... I live in upstate NY and am very interested, particularly if it is the 1st weekend in Oct as I am attending my niece's wedding in Maine the weekend of the 10th. Do you know where it would be located?

Rita,

There are hotels in the area. It will be a busy season so you'll have to book early.

Gail - of course you are welcome. I'll pass onto Deloa what I know! So far I have 6 - 7 very intersted and it has only been 6 hours or so. It is really looking like this might work out! The Adirondacks are beautiful during this time of year!

OK girls we're doing good and I'm hoping we can get this firmed up in a couple of weeks. These are the details I have right now:

Oct. 4th - 8th.

$25 a day for meals.

$70 for lodge which are hotel like rooms 2 to a room

$60 a night for lakeside rooms which are 4 rooms to a building. There are 2 rooms with 2 bunks and 2 rooms with a twin. There is also a small kitchenette area so you could make your own meals if you wanted. Only 1 bathroom. Oh it also has a wood stove in it and eating area.

Arrival would be Monday with classes starting Tues. am. Not sure of all the teachers but definitely DeLoa. She will be checking the availability of 2 other very wonderful teachers! Trust me you won't be disappointed! Dave will be teaching a maintance class as well.

If you want to fly in for this event you would fly into Albany International. It is about 10 minutes from my house so it would be about 1 hour 20 minutes to camp and a super simple drive.

Lisa -

I'm still trying to work out MQX. I would only be able to go for a day or two - but I am really trying to make it work. I have been told by many that it is a great show and I would learn alot by going. This spring is a crazy one for me as I am out of town more than I am home - lots of family obligations and tourneys with the last of the boys.

What days will you bwe there?

Archived