Moxie meeting May 1st

Patty Jo--

Please bring your rulers!

Nothing like having our own Quilter's Rule associate at the meetings!;)

I know Barb will be working elsewhere for this meeting and she always brings her box of bits and pieces for our machines. Any Rep want to bring replacement parts?

I suspect we will have lots of conversations about the Bliss.

See you all Saturday.

I so wish I could be there, but you're right, Linda, I'll be at a Quilt Show in Ritzville, WA. I know Sheila Hooper travels with pieces and parts, but she won't be there, either. If anyone needs parts, contact me (e-mail, phone, U2U) and I'll mail you what you need - no handling, just actual shipping costs.

Once I get back from MQS, I'll be able to share first-hand experience with Bliss. And don't forget the APQS Road Show that's coming through the Pacific NW in June - they'll have Bliss there, as well.

Have a great time on Saturday!!:P:P:P

Hi all you Moxie's

I would be glad to bring tools if there is something specific that you want to look at. But having packed all my stuff 2 weekends ago to Roseburg, and bringing all the design tools this last weekend to the Quilt College, I'm sold out of a few things, and limited on others. I think that I have most of the designs that went into my newest colored wall hanging. I would be happy to bring them. Here's a pic to remind you of the quilt. I'll be bringing it for show and tell. Mostly tell, cause there ain't much of a show with this one!! :P

If you want to see something, please e-mail me @ pjnoonan@ymail.com. Thanks

null2954822600094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Can't wait to see you on Sat. :cool:

Well I don't have a lot in my kit yet as I can't seem to get a parts list I should carry, but I will bring what I can as your Oregon rep. If you let me know ahead of time if you need something special, I will do what ever it takes to have it for you, and I would even eat the cost of over night mail if I have to order it.

I have my strips done as well!

I got a package today from Doodles--she sent a sampler quilt with a multitude of designs on it and a smaller sample of Doodlebug Feathers with the most gorgeous overall feathers and some stitched lettering--it's a WOW! I will be bringing these goodies to show and tell to tease you all about the Doodlebug classes in July. Then I get to keep them until she shows up here!

Also riding with me is Cindy McW--ladygravyboat. Another Moxie to join the fun! And moonwoman promises to be there as well. Yay Dale!

I also have a top I bought at my Guild fund-raiser last weekend--it's hand-embroidered and hand pieced--looks like maybe 1950s but it could be older. And yes, I'm going to longarm all over that thing!

See you in a few!:D

Just wondering if any of you MOXIES might have a couple of 3.5 size needles I could buy to try in my Millenium.

I'm hoping it will help with some frustration I'm having.

I have loaded and have been testing the stitches on a batik quilt top (dark colors) and a cream color blanket backing and no batting. The cream backing blanket fuzz gets pulled up to the surface of the quilt top. I'm using Metro thread top and bottom. I tried using Bottom Line in the bobbin and it made no difference.

Do you think a smaller needle might help?

If you have 3.5 needles I could buy, could you bring them to the MOXIE meeting on saturday?

Also, where do you like to buy the smaller size needles? I assume apqs carries them. My goal was to get this quilt done by Sunday. Help?

Thanks

Guest Linda S

Bonnie - I will try to remember to bring you some needles. I use the 3.5 or 16 size needle almost exclusively. I buy mine at Columbiariverquilting.com

Linda

I have a ruler stand that sits on a table and has 1/4" slots on one side and 1/8" slots on the other so it holds both type of rulers or templates.

It is made of hardwood, and I bought it at a show for about 65.00, looking for 30.00 if anyone is interested let me know and I will try to send it with someone as I will be out of town.

It is only about 6 months old, but I re-arranged my sewing room and now all rulers are stored in a drawer, so no need for the table top model.

I will miss you all! Some of you I will get the chance to see at Patty Jo's. If anyone is interested in car pooling to her house in later May let me know!

Thanks

Brendalee

I sent an email but thought I'd leave a note here also.

I have about 21 confirmations coming Saturday to the meeting. I have 16 chairs so if some of you could bring a chair or 2 that would be great.

I'm making pulled pork, for sandwiches and I will pick up rolls. I also have some tortilla chips and mango salsa.

Let me know if you like diet or reg sodas and what kinds. I will make some ice tea also.

Ya'll can bring salads, vegetables or desserts or what ever you feel like.

I'll get the muslin on the machine and ya'll can teach me lots more. I'm excited.

See you all Saturday.

Guest Linda S

Hey Debbie! I understand you live just about 7 minutes away from Fabric Depot!!! Get behind me Satan. (But I think I'll have to stop in there anyway ;) )

Linda

Archived