Is your quilt in Paducah?

Congratulations to all the APQS winners! I am not a longarmer, but just love the support and ideas you guys share here, that I read your posts almost every day.

One day, I will have my own longarm and join the crowd... let's see my son has 2 more years in college, than grad school... oh well... I will still be young enough to use a walker to get around the machine :P

Originally posted by DawnCavanaugh

................I haven't had a chance to get to all the quilts but it's Heidi's mission to get a photo of all the APQS winners.......

Dawn, rather than limiting this to only the "APQS winners" can we get photos all of the APQS folks here who entered quilts? It's nice to see their work, too, and acknowledge those members here on the chat who entered a quilt, regardless of winning and not be exclusive to only those quilts with a ribbon dangling on the border. Getting a quilt accepted into a juried show is a huge accomplishment. Please ask Heidi. :)

Congratulations to those who've had their quilts accepted into the show. We love hearing that some of our forum members have won.

That Dawn is so lucky to be able to be at MQX and Paducah although she probably wishes she could be home more. Congratulations, Dawn.

If your quilt wins for best machine quilting, it would at least be nice if your name was listed with the quilt owner's when the awards are announced. I don't know how the rules are but just adding quilted by doodlebug would be a nice gesture. To me, it sounds like the lady won the award for her quilting. And that's my two cents! Great job, Shannon.

Shana,

You're right, I should have rephrased that...Heidi is searching for ANY and ALL quilts hanging here in Paducah which were done by APQS family members...not just the winners. Just to get a quilt juried in is a terrific achievement and deserves recognition. You'll find her post requesting anyone who has a quilt in the show to speak up, so we can find it and highlight it with the attention it deserves.

As we longarm quilters know all too well, sometimes the entries do not list the longarm quilters who worked on a project as well as the piecer, so we're issuing a plea to let us know if you have one here. The show book only lists the entrant's name, not the quilter (unless they listed both individuals as collaborators).

Congrats to all who are represented in Paducah!

Thanks, Dawn and thanks Heidi!! :) Wish I could be there to see these.

And I want to say how VERY PROUD and happy I am for our Shannon Doodlebuggin Girl--- she's a quilter extraordinaire! Yeah! Congrats on the ribbon and to you sweet heart,,, you deserve it. That is one beautiful quilt!

And congratulations to Deb Crine for her win. I saw a picture you posted it here a while back before you quilted it...just the top. I remember. Really lovely :) So when do we get to see a finished piccy?

And hey ==== awesome Jessica Schick and her quilting on the quilt that was black and red roses embroidered. I saw a picture of it on your FB page. :)

And, of course, our lovely Dawn for her ribbon (Can we see a picture???) So wonderful.

And I also read that Marilyn Badger and Claudia Meyers raked in a few ribbons too.

:) :)

And if any of you are reading this and your quilt is there don't be shy we want to know about it--- ribbon or not you deserve a lot of kudos for entering your quilts in the shows.

Archived