My Friend Won at Paduah....update on Mark

Mark did the entire quilt and quilting by his self.

He hand dyed 90% of the fabric, he has a new techinque for machine applique,he has an A1 longarm. designed the pattern and it took hinm almost a year to do this quilt.

Last year he made Tiffany's Wisteria,it went tp Paduah,didn't win however the show bought the quilt .

I was just at Mark's website and he is a very talented quilter. I live too far away to come to a class, but if he ever puts his class on DVD, I'll be in line waiting to get them. All of his classes sound good to me. So Mark, if you read this, you have a fan out in Oregon and think about making DVD's for those of us who live so far away from you. ;)

The picture doesn't do the quilt justice. I love butterflies and loved the quilt.

I went to Paducah on Thursday. It was my first time. I took a plane chartered by the Sinnissippi Quilters Guild in Rockford, Illinois. This was a first!! They actually had to get a flight path registered wtih the FAA. They booked three full planes for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We were the first to arrive on Thursday. They even had TV cameras rolling to commemorate the event. I'm sure they'll have more flights next year. This was a great success and lots of fun!

Hi Quiltnut.. Gimpy is a nickname a lady uses on the internet... Guess I can say she is Helen, Lives in Tasmania, AU, and is head person on a chat site of quilters that once were on Home and Garden untill they crashed our site and wiped out our pictures we had there. If you don't know Gimpy, then you aren't on that chat board. We have a Quiltnutt on there too, though she may have only one T in nut.

Thanks for letting me know.

RitaR

Archived