Yurt Panel from the High Desert of Nevada

Thanks everyone for compliments.

I ran 2 threads in the same 3.5 needle and adjusted the stitch length down to 10...and had no issues. They twisted around each other and it gave a neat effect. Fortunately I didn't need to adjust any tensions either. I was amazed. It gave a sort of variagated look.

Linzi...I have not yet named this panel...maybe 'Nevada Kaleidoscope'...still not sure. I will have hubby take a picture of me with it too and send it to you in an email later.

Kristina, you did such a super job on your panel. I always love your toadsong meander. It's just so pretty and you do it so well, so even. I love it. I too have tried using two threads, but only on my DSM, and had a lot of fun with it. You've encouraged me to try on my Millie.

Linzi, I am so looking forward to seeing your yurt. I do plan on coming to the USA to see if there hopefully. Will you be posting shots once you get home! I'd love to watch your progress on putting it all together. :cool:

"GEE Wiz" that's a great panel!!! Beautiful quilting. It's really going to be interesting to see everything together. A volcano panel sounds so "cool" the "coming soon" is cute also. This YURT is going to be a very interesting story, can't wait for the book. I can't believe that I didn't get a pic of Linzi and me with the panel I gave her.:(:cool:

Archived