Yurt Panel from the High Desert of Nevada

Linzi...my yurt panel is complete...binding and all.

I used double batt...traditional poly over bamboo.

Metro thread in 2 colors...lime green and copper...both at the same time through a single needle. This gave an interesting twisted effect.

Toadsong meander for the background fill. (lime green metro only)

I used my Quiltazoid to make the circles and then embellished them with feathered hearts and swirled feathers.

Lime green piped binding to complete the quilt.

Please tell me you are going to stay at Bonnie's for a few more days. I plan to overnight this to you on Monday. ;)

post--13461903983406_thumb.jpg

Kristina, you have produced yet another superb and unique panel...THANK YOU!!! It is beautifully quilted and the piecing design complements all of the others in a similar but different way...

I have been doodle quilting on a panel that i brought with me so it will be called yankee doodle dandy! What do you think yours will be named?

I wish i had brought more panels with me... I had no time to do any at mqx but could have fitted in another one here. Might start piecing something volcanic later today.

When I get home I will have to work flat out on joins, labels, roof etc and getting a roof rack or van to transport it to the show at Loch Lomond for another week away from home in mid May. Will look to get max publicity in order to get enough interest/sponsors to ship to usa.

tracy & i are at Bonnie's house in NY until Thursday afternoon. It will take some time to recover from this trip financially, we went to a Walmart with large fabric clearance yesterday so will return for a proper rummage another day. Good job I brought luggage scales!

Kristina,

Great panel!!! Linzi's yurt is going to be the greatest thing with all of the different, creative panels that she's made, plus all of us "stunt quilters."

Linzi,

I didn't name my panel yet. Since I pieced it similar to the Gee's Bend designs, I suppose that should be in the name, but need to come up with something more, as it is not really a Gee's Bend quilt. Perhaps if you show my panel to Tracy and Bonnie we can decide on a name. Gee's Bend in Oz? Or, something silly like that. Let me know if you gals have any ideas for me.

Kristina! Awesome job! I love it! I love all the names you guys are giving them... It's so fun to see all the yurt panels come together...

Linzi - just a thought, but if they don't all get done in time for the show, maybe you could hang a panel of fabric that says - "coming soon" - "delayed by volcanic ash", or something of that effect.. I'm assuming that you'll be displaying the yurt at more than one show, and that way people would want to come back to see more... It's just a thought so you can concentrate on the other important areas and not be so stressed to make it perfect... kind of a plan "B"!

What do ya think?

beautiful kristina!

i love the whole thing - front & back.

everytime one of these panels gets posted, it makes me want to see that yurt in person more and more.

i am left wondering how someone uses 2 threads at once? needle size? do you have to quilt real slow?

the idea of feeding 2 threads through Lola-baby at once makes my head spin!

Kristina, What a beautiful piece, the piecing and the quilting. Two threads, huh? Would be fun to try sometime.

Linzi, how about , "Around the Bend from Gee"

I do want to see this yurt dressed in all its glory. Be sure to keep the info to the top when you have something definite so we can plan our trips!

Archived