WTG Ferret

Wow, Ferret. That was wonderful. And you have certainly made the big time. WTG!

I'd love to show you that not all Americans are unfriendly, as I am sure many of us on the forum would like. Let us know when you are coming and at least some of us should be there to make sure you have a better time than last.

Flat out speed? I think the film I saw must have been slowed down then, or perhaps the needle was moving so fast I couldn't keep up !!!:P

Are you working on your larger feather piece yet that you were talking about at the maintenance day? hope its going well.

Your chair was impressive too !! and your added photos on your website too !

On the film I was demonstrating and I did slow the machine for that. The last 4 quilts I've done were all flat out.

I haven't had time to start on the bigger feather piece yet, it's driving me mad. I guess it will be after the NEC now :(

Ferret

Oh that makes sense Ferret. I thought perhaps if I slowed it down I would get better results. I should have guessed it was demonstration at the FOQ. It was before I had a longarm that I saw you there last year, otherwise I would have stopped to chat.

Sorry to hear you havent found the time to spend on your larger feathered piece yet, I am sure you are working on other interesting projects though ! I hadn't realised your portfolio was so large! I was hoping to get to your workshop in June, (LAUK) but the date is right at the end of our holiday and not sure if I can now :(. I am hoping to get up to Linzis in July though which I am looking forward to.

Hi Ferret

The speed looked great on your video, probably because you make it look so easy - I was trying to guess it and emulate it !! I expect it is just my eyesight playing up !! I have a reminder from specsavers that it has been two years !!!!

I havent hit the maximum speed on mine (mainly I run in stitch regulator mode) I couldnt possibly go as fast as maximum on my machine in manual mode, but I don't have your years of experience or a fraction of your talent - I am still learning and practicing.

If all goes according to plan I should be at Linzi's event in July. I haven't talked to her about a plan yet as I thought I would leave her to finish her yurt. I think we had half a plan for some teaching or demonstrating though.

Ferret

Originally posted by Ferret

I mostly run my machine flat out, and to be honest I'm finding it a bit slow for some patterns. I was doing large curls and leaves today and I was struggling to move slowly enough for it.

Ferret

and just how many machines have you burned through??!??:o

Honestly - LOVE watching the show - awesome! Your quilts and projects are THEE best!! I have enjoyed seeing all of your work. Would love to be able to save that blog /link on to a disk..... I will have to ask my man to do that for me.

Keep up the great work!! You keep pushing the limit, with new and exciting stuff - - just wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing what you do with us, amazing!! ;);)

Archived