WTG Ferret

Wow! I just spent the last 45 minutes looking at Ferret's slide show and reading the questions and answers.

Ferret's quilts are so unique and wonderful!!! I remember seeing many of them in prior posts, and they always amaze me.

Ferret, didn't you make a chair with your longarm, too? I think you were the artist who did that, but I didn't see a picture of it on your slide show, so perhaps I am wrong about that.

Anyway, I wanted to congratulate you on being featured on The Quilt Show.

Yes I did do a chair, that was a while back now. I want to do more like that but I haven't had the time. I have a plan for a full size functional table and chairs when I get a chance.

I am thrilled with the piece, it's a great way to celebrate my birthday :) We had been trying to arrange a date for me to go to America and film a piece but my schedule has been too full. Maybe soon.

I have to confess I've also been putting off going to America because I had such a bad experience last time. I hate to say it but I found it to be the least hospitable and most unhelpful place I've been. The idea of trying to stay more than two nights really worries me. I know I should go to Houston, but last time I couldn't get food or drink, and Houston needs several days to do properly. Maybe now is the time to bite the bullet and head over. I won't really starve in a week will I.

Ferret

Gee Ferret, i found that there are a few people over over this world that are not heplful or kind in any way. Thank God we are all not like that. Come give us (USA) a try again. I find most of us are very kind and have big heats specially us quilters. Wish I could meet you in Houston. Who knows I just might. Love you work! Here is USA hug!(((())))

Absolutely awesome, Ferret! I have been a huge admirer of your work for quite some time. You are so incredibly talented!

Please give the US another chance! Notify all the quilters you know of your trip in advance and I guarantee you will have a great time!

I use very soft garment leather. I am looking for leather that won't be stiff enough to totally crush the wadding. The thread is just cotton thread, a mixture of king tut, masterpiece and signature.

Wadding I choose in the same way as I do for any other quilt. If I want a faux trapunto effect I look for a high loft, something like wool. Otherwise I tens to stick to an 80/20. One of them has two layers of 80/20 in.

Backings again, whatever comes to hand and suits the quilt. The biggest difference with leather is you can't pin it. Any hole you make in leather stays forever. So no unpicking either. I float my tops anyway so it wasn't too much of a shock to do it with the leather.

I have plans for more leather pieces. Watch this space.

Ferret

Congratulations Ferret, it was great seeing your work on the quilt show. Your work is totally amazing. I saw a clip of you on you tube the other day and I wondered what speed you have your machine set at as it looked such a steady quilting speed. It was you quilting a wholecloth at Festival of quilts last year in variegated thread.

Happy belated birthday too !! I am facing that big one this year too !! I hope your celebrations went well.

I am intrigued about a quilted chair.

Archived