MY ECONOZOID IS HERE !!!

GrandmaLKB

My EZ arrived today around 5 and I went right to work setting it up and played a bit. I made some circles !!! I can see I need to practice, practice, practice. I will start fresh tomorrow when I am rested.

Tired out after jury duty today, but will be free all the rest of the week ! :D:D:D

Thanks for the tips. I will keep my instructions close by for quite a while. Going to watch my DVD again this morning while having coffee and getting my brain working. I need a new practice piece...........used up all the space on the other one. :)

Heidi, thanks for that second top layer tip, I have enough scraps of batting to not worry about it, right now, and using this method would not use them up, but that's another problem...

Anyone have suggestions for using up the batting scraps. I seldom make table runners, and hot pads, and never make placemats.. The bigger scraps, 2 feet wide, by 36"etc. long, I piece into small quilts I make. beyond that, I'm lost and the stack is getting bigger and bigger.

Thanks, Rita

LInda--well prepare to have lots of fun--I still have fun making circles--because they come out so perfect!!

Don't be scared to try anything--that is the only way to learn.

Ask any questions that you might have and go for it!!!

Terri

some good beginner tips for getting the templates to stitch out nicely ~

gently press along either the outer or inner edge of the template while you are moving it.

try to keep one steady speed.

make sure not to lean on the table/bars.

leave your needle down until you are absolutely sure you are finished with the design.

take a practice run without the machine turned on to make sure you have centered it properly.

and most important....

AND CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK THAT YOU HAVE TIGHTENED THE 2 ARM SCREWS AND LOCKED THE BASE TO THE FRAME WITH THE RED LEVER!

have fun!!!

Great tips..........I have learned the hard way about some of them ! :( Leaning on the bar........not good............not locking down the base or the arm..........also not good........haha

I actually made 5 complete feather wreaths - one of each size at least once, and a smaller one that I plan to use on a quilt , several times. I drew the 8" square that I will be quilting in and practiced in that. The concentric (?) circles are fun, too.

I've found it's easier for me to control (at least for now) if I moved the machine by holding on to the knob of the stylus. I can keep a steadier flow and hit the grooves more evenly. This is on the feather wreaths.

Only one thing bad.............I can see I will be needing (WANTING) more templates !!!!! :D:D:D:D

Heidi, I have layered more fabric on my original practice piece, but it was getting pretty well squished. I decided to start with a new one with some ugly fabric and scraps of batting. Love those zippers for taking off the practice piece and Zipping the quilt top back on. What a time saver !!!!

Haha Linda yes it is addictive! sounds like you are making great progress though. If you have the micro drives you might want to try using those when your tracing a template. ON some of the templates I normally put one hand on the stylus and one on either machine handles or one of the micro drive handles.

Archived