Well, we are in Texas now

Welcome back and praying all continues well.. Hubby and I are moving experts.... helped with 8 moves in one year.. when it came to us moving.. NO Help!! and no offers of course. LOLOL people are so odd.. me included.

ritaR

I know moving is tough (having moved over 7 times). Just hang in there and keep saying "only one more box to unpack":P Before you know it you'll be done. Hmm...I need to follow my own advice. I still have a box or two to unpack:P:P:o:P:P

We've lived in the same house going on 36 years so I don't know about moving. I would imaging you have much less junk than I have. Where is Converse? I looked on my map and didn't find it. I have daughter just out of Fort Worth. NIce but hot! I hope you don't have to move ever again!

Carreen

Kay,

I was just thinking about you.

aI am glad to hear that you are in Texas now it is nice to be close to family:)

All the hard work will be worth it and you can set up your studio just the way you like:)

I do have to say, I will miss you terribly the next time I go to MQS though, you are a kind soul:)

Lisa :)

I'm dittoing Lisa here!! You'll feel better once things are half-a** in order!! hahaha

And you are closer to your son!! I, too will miss you next year! Maybe we can all take a trek to Texas! Like in January/February; when we are freezing our patooties off up here!!!

Love you and miss you!

Hi Girls, taking a short break from all the back breaking work of unpacking. I may still be able to make MQS next year. A lady told me about a L.A. quilter in this area and she does go most years. Maybe we can come together. Haven't met her yet, but talked by phone and e-mail. We'll see if a friendship will develope there.

In Olathe we had the constant sound of trains, 60 to 80 a day along one of the most heavily used tracks in the nation. And here we are in the flight path of one of the nations #1 Airforce bases. Randolph Brooks Airforce base in San Antonio, TX. Actualy, Converse is mostly a military town, here to serve the armed forces assigned to this base. So, we swaped trains for plans. LOL, as I type this I can hear planes circling overhead. It is constant, one every 1 or 2 min. Since this is a flight training base as well, it is always going to be this busy.

Good news is that DH loves the new job. I'm to tired to know how I like it yet. The rent house is a roof over our heads, nothing fancy, will sure miss our lovely home in Olathe.

I'll check in here often, help me keep my spirits up girls. Don't have my "Baby" set up yet and I'm in quilting withdrawals!!!

Archived