Maple Island Quilts Patterns - wanna sell??

I'm doing an easy one now for my son to take to university in September. It's called Hidden Nines. You make a large nine-patch...I'm cutting each square 6.5". Cut the nine-patch in half vertically and horizontally so it's in 4 pieces. Rotate the top right piece and the bottom left piece so that what was in the middle of the nine-patch is now on the outer corners. Sew it back together. I think the blocks come out to 16" or so. Later on I'll post a picture of the block.

I'm doing an easy one now for my son to take to university in September. It's called Hidden Nines. You make a large nine-patch...I'm cutting each square 6.5". Cut the nine-patch in half vertically and horizontally so it's in 4 pieces. Rotate the top right piece and the bottom left piece so that what was in the middle of the nine-patch is now on the outer corners. Sew it back together. I think the blocks come out to 16" or so. Later on I'll post a picture of the block.

Originally posted by SandraC

Here's the hidden nines block. You can also change it up by using fewer fabrics. I guess in the end you would lay out the blocks and play with them to figure out how to set them together...just like log cabins.

I just made one of these with sashing around each one. It is a really simple quilt to make, works great with charm packs. Just sew a 9 patch, cut in half vertically and horizontally and them throw them on your design wall in a way that you like them. Put sashing between the blocks if you like (or don't). Really fast and simple.

And like stated above you can arrange them in any log cabin pattern.

Originally posted by SandraC

Here's the hidden nines block. You can also change it up by using fewer fabrics. I guess in the end you would lay out the blocks and play with them to figure out how to set them together...just like log cabins.

I just made one of these with sashing around each one. It is a really simple quilt to make, works great with charm packs. Just sew a 9 patch, cut in half vertically and horizontally and them throw them on your design wall in a way that you like them. Put sashing between the blocks if you like (or don't). Really fast and simple.

And like stated above you can arrange them in any log cabin pattern.

thanks denice...sent you a u2u back!

sandra...disappearing nines is great too. thanks for the how to for the pattern.

cheryl...have done turning twenty so have that pattern. just needed something new for my kids. i have tons of scrap squares...so these will be great!

pat...love the wickedly easy quilt pattern.

thanks everyone!

thanks denice...sent you a u2u back!

sandra...disappearing nines is great too. thanks for the how to for the pattern.

cheryl...have done turning twenty so have that pattern. just needed something new for my kids. i have tons of scrap squares...so these will be great!

pat...love the wickedly easy quilt pattern.

thanks everyone!

You've probably already thought of this, but there are a lot of free patterns by Bonnie Hunter at http://www.quiltville.com/

Another one that is easy is Eleanor Burns Quick Trip book, which has Trip Around the World and Quick Trip, which doesn't have any seams to match, goes together like a Bargello, and uses reasonably wide strips. For some reason I can't find my copy of it right now to give more specifics about the quilts.

Do you have EQ? They could create their own quilts from blocks that you pre-select, and they would have a one of a kind quilt. If you don't have EQ, there are a lot of sites with free block patterns and they could still create their own quilt design if you print out the blocks and let them arrange in a way that pleases them.

It is just great, Kristina, that you are teaching your kids to piece and quilt. :):):) You are sure to enjoy this time with them.

You've probably already thought of this, but there are a lot of free patterns by Bonnie Hunter at http://www.quiltville.com/

Another one that is easy is Eleanor Burns Quick Trip book, which has Trip Around the World and Quick Trip, which doesn't have any seams to match, goes together like a Bargello, and uses reasonably wide strips. For some reason I can't find my copy of it right now to give more specifics about the quilts.

Do you have EQ? They could create their own quilts from blocks that you pre-select, and they would have a one of a kind quilt. If you don't have EQ, there are a lot of sites with free block patterns and they could still create their own quilt design if you print out the blocks and let them arrange in a way that pleases them.

It is just great, Kristina, that you are teaching your kids to piece and quilt. :):):) You are sure to enjoy this time with them.

Archived