Millie NOT fixed yet again. Get with the program APQS!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know how Amy and Christie put up with us, until himself got side tracked and quit messing with Penny.. I'm sure it was close to two years off and on. I've not had a problem since I think Nov. or Dec., that I couldn't fix, or at least diagnose. I cannot get under the machine, but I can tell him I have a loose thread in the bobbin area, or a gob of lint, etc.. or several other things, like our encoder sits on the rail a few inches in front of the back wheel.. at least the wheel of the encoder does. if I start getting loops and missed stitches, I know to go to the back, clean the wheel and the rail and life the machine maybe half an inch, press the wheel down and it makes good contact, and stitches good too.

Dawn, thank you for the honest post, and accepting responsibility for the whole APQS home port group. It is helpful, and I will say, it's a lot easier and much less time consuming to call, rather than email.

I'm having a ball, can now use most threads, still not Lava, on my machine from Signature, to Superior, Aurafil, etc. Can't find the site that sells glide and haven't had time to do a lot of searching.

Enjoy all the machines, prayers that all get fixed and the board solution gets solved, and lessen the problem for our home company.

RitaR

I do not know how Amy and Christie put up with us, until himself got side tracked and quit messing with Penny.. I'm sure it was close to two years off and on. I've not had a problem since I think Nov. or Dec., that I couldn't fix, or at least diagnose. I cannot get under the machine, but I can tell him I have a loose thread in the bobbin area, or a gob of lint, etc.. or several other things, like our encoder sits on the rail a few inches in front of the back wheel.. at least the wheel of the encoder does. if I start getting loops and missed stitches, I know to go to the back, clean the wheel and the rail and life the machine maybe half an inch, press the wheel down and it makes good contact, and stitches good too.

Dawn, thank you for the honest post, and accepting responsibility for the whole APQS home port group. It is helpful, and I will say, it's a lot easier and much less time consuming to call, rather than email.

I'm having a ball, can now use most threads, still not Lava, on my machine from Signature, to Superior, Aurafil, etc. Can't find the site that sells glide and haven't had time to do a lot of searching.

Enjoy all the machines, prayers that all get fixed and the board solution gets solved, and lessen the problem for our home company.

RitaR

I just went to the APQS Home Page, and under the heading of "Find a Dealer" I found 4 dealers listed in Washington. Our own Sheila Hooper is in Woodenville, and there is another in Maple Valley.. Wouldn't Maple Valley be a bit closer?? Guess it would depend where she lives inn Maple Valley, and where you live in Auburn.. There are also owners in Kent and Renton.. Sounds like it would be fun for the group of you to get together now and then. Linda Rech is in Olympia and Barb I think it is, is in Newport. Some over towards Spokane and north of there, too.

Often I can find info I need under home page headings, other times, I can't seem to find any info, like picts of the glide system, last time I looked.

Good luck, happy quilting..

RitaR

I just went to the APQS Home Page, and under the heading of "Find a Dealer" I found 4 dealers listed in Washington. Our own Sheila Hooper is in Woodenville, and there is another in Maple Valley.. Wouldn't Maple Valley be a bit closer?? Guess it would depend where she lives inn Maple Valley, and where you live in Auburn.. There are also owners in Kent and Renton.. Sounds like it would be fun for the group of you to get together now and then. Linda Rech is in Olympia and Barb I think it is, is in Newport. Some over towards Spokane and north of there, too.

Often I can find info I need under home page headings, other times, I can't seem to find any info, like picts of the glide system, last time I looked.

Good luck, happy quilting..

RitaR

Rita, when she broke I was upset and emailed Amie back asking her as I had no idea where to look and also posted on this site who is in my area. I did try this site to find someone, I must do it wrong because I can never seach and find things. We are actually just on the Enumclaw border but our address is Auburn. NOBODY lives out this way. I finally went thru back posts and found Sheila and they did come out on Sunday which I really appreciated and felt I got excellent service from her and have her phone # where I know where it is at a moments notice. All I wanted from Amie was a phone number and name. That would have been excellent customer service! I love my Millie and have had many interactions with Dawn and have been treated like I mattered. I just feel like they fell a little short in this situation. In everything I have it says "call us" for anything, I did and was let down.

Carreen

Rita, when she broke I was upset and emailed Amie back asking her as I had no idea where to look and also posted on this site who is in my area. I did try this site to find someone, I must do it wrong because I can never seach and find things. We are actually just on the Enumclaw border but our address is Auburn. NOBODY lives out this way. I finally went thru back posts and found Sheila and they did come out on Sunday which I really appreciated and felt I got excellent service from her and have her phone # where I know where it is at a moments notice. All I wanted from Amie was a phone number and name. That would have been excellent customer service! I love my Millie and have had many interactions with Dawn and have been treated like I mattered. I just feel like they fell a little short in this situation. In everything I have it says "call us" for anything, I did and was let down.

Carreen

I guess those in need should get a Gammill, then they'll know for sure they should have gotten the APQS machine, made by the best, backed by the best, with the best service, and most importantly , all this can only mean they have the best peolple I don't know about the being in Iowa thing though! LOL( The land of outhouses and cow farts) O.K. O.K.- Sorry Dawn! It's just a Wisconsin thing about Iowa---and you know me! Ha Ha ---Dave B.

I guess those in need should get a Gammill, then they'll know for sure they should have gotten the APQS machine, made by the best, backed by the best, with the best service, and most importantly , all this can only mean they have the best peolple I don't know about the being in Iowa thing though! LOL( The land of outhouses and cow farts) O.K. O.K.- Sorry Dawn! It's just a Wisconsin thing about Iowa---and you know me! Ha Ha ---Dave B.

I switched from a Gammill to an APQS...no comparison. APQS is far superior. The only issue I have had is that I literally live in the middle of nowhere--over 200 miles from Salt Lake, Reno or Boise. When I was having issues with my machine, I had to fix them myself because no dealers were willing to come here. And I begged, whined and cried! So I have become very good at fixing my machine out of necessity. I have thought of becoming a dealer myself, but with a full time job I hardly have time to quilt!

Oh, and Dave, I grew up in Illinois...can totally relate! Smell that money! :D

I switched from a Gammill to an APQS...no comparison. APQS is far superior. The only issue I have had is that I literally live in the middle of nowhere--over 200 miles from Salt Lake, Reno or Boise. When I was having issues with my machine, I had to fix them myself because no dealers were willing to come here. And I begged, whined and cried! So I have become very good at fixing my machine out of necessity. I have thought of becoming a dealer myself, but with a full time job I hardly have time to quilt!

Oh, and Dave, I grew up in Illinois...can totally relate! Smell that money! :D

Originally posted by kreacher

Should'a got a Gammill.

I had a Gammill. It was my first machine, it had problems that they never could resolve. Would I buy a Gammill again, no. I can't get the customer service or quality of machine that I can get with APQS.

Originally posted by kreacher

Should'a got a Gammill.

I had a Gammill. It was my first machine, it had problems that they never could resolve. Would I buy a Gammill again, no. I can't get the customer service or quality of machine that I can get with APQS.

It is nice to have the expertise of Amy to guide you through the rough times, though over the phone, and actually I feel more confident about my machine and its design , operations, and my ability to know whats normal and see if something looks wrong or is wearing out as I've been in the machine and seen what makes it tick.After I've read the paragraph in the book 10 X or so talked to Amy and figured out my adjustments etc. it all comes together. Have never had a bad part or problem with mine other than the loose nut behind the wheel-Oh that's me, kind of questions. I've also learned to check the manual before calling, sometimes model changes have occurred and I haven't updated the book and then must call but it all works.

P.S. I have a friend with another type of machine, she says ,"you get that service for free?", I am always told I have to bring that heavy sucker into the shop and we'll look at it for so many $$$, then call you with the price to fix it! I guess that's another benefit! Happy stitching---Dave B.

It is nice to have the expertise of Amy to guide you through the rough times, though over the phone, and actually I feel more confident about my machine and its design , operations, and my ability to know whats normal and see if something looks wrong or is wearing out as I've been in the machine and seen what makes it tick.After I've read the paragraph in the book 10 X or so talked to Amy and figured out my adjustments etc. it all comes together. Have never had a bad part or problem with mine other than the loose nut behind the wheel-Oh that's me, kind of questions. I've also learned to check the manual before calling, sometimes model changes have occurred and I haven't updated the book and then must call but it all works.

P.S. I have a friend with another type of machine, she says ,"you get that service for free?", I am always told I have to bring that heavy sucker into the shop and we'll look at it for so many $$$, then call you with the price to fix it! I guess that's another benefit! Happy stitching---Dave B.

APQS Family,

Thank you for bearing with us as we work through these issues together. Just in case my post came across as sounding like we are only interested in solving Carol's machine problems and not others, rest assured that we want every APQS machine and owner to make beautiful music (and quilts) together.

Yes, sometimes the symphony becomes a little flat when one of the instruments needs tuning up, but our terrific service team really tries hard to get things back in rhythm again. (Sorry, with a daughter majoring in opera, I couldn't resist the analogy--she's home from college this summer and driving me crazy!:))

Recently I helped Amy in one of her maintenance classes at MQS, and a student asked her what "keeps her going" when her entire day is spent servicing machines or helping quilters who are having trouble. Amy replied, "I get fulfillment and satisfaction when, at the end of a tech call, that quilter can say, 'I got it! It's working! Hooray!'". Sometimes that happy ending takes more than one phone call, or part shipment, but the "happy ending" is always what we want, for every customer.

Give us a call if you're having trouble...or even if you're not (that's always nice for the service department to hear, too)...and we'll do our best to get the symphony back in tune again:). With thousands of APQS owners out there, it stands to reason that some days the service department will be a little more zany than others...but we never want you to think that you are not important. After all, without you, we wouldn't exist!

Carreen, you and all of our customers are our top priority, and I'm sorry that you didn't get the superior service you expect and deserve. I wish I had an "undo" button for those times when we falter as a company. But all I can promise is that we are working to become better at what we do, and learn from our mishaps. We're working on better communication channels both internally and externally to improve our service even more.

Thank you all for your patience, support and understanding! If you have ideas about how we can better communicate with the APQS family at large, send me an email. I can't promise we'll be able to implement every suggestion, but we're open to the possibilities! The Forum is a great place to share and learn...who knows what other brilliant ideas you'll come up with!:)

P.S. Dave, every family has to have a funny man in the crowd, so I'm rolling my eyes at your comment about Iowa outhouses and cow gas...just like a sister would do to her goofy brother...and I'll reserve my comments about cheesy Wisconsin jokes :) :)

APQS Family,

Thank you for bearing with us as we work through these issues together. Just in case my post came across as sounding like we are only interested in solving Carol's machine problems and not others, rest assured that we want every APQS machine and owner to make beautiful music (and quilts) together.

Yes, sometimes the symphony becomes a little flat when one of the instruments needs tuning up, but our terrific service team really tries hard to get things back in rhythm again. (Sorry, with a daughter majoring in opera, I couldn't resist the analogy--she's home from college this summer and driving me crazy!:))

Recently I helped Amy in one of her maintenance classes at MQS, and a student asked her what "keeps her going" when her entire day is spent servicing machines or helping quilters who are having trouble. Amy replied, "I get fulfillment and satisfaction when, at the end of a tech call, that quilter can say, 'I got it! It's working! Hooray!'". Sometimes that happy ending takes more than one phone call, or part shipment, but the "happy ending" is always what we want, for every customer.

Give us a call if you're having trouble...or even if you're not (that's always nice for the service department to hear, too)...and we'll do our best to get the symphony back in tune again:). With thousands of APQS owners out there, it stands to reason that some days the service department will be a little more zany than others...but we never want you to think that you are not important. After all, without you, we wouldn't exist!

Carreen, you and all of our customers are our top priority, and I'm sorry that you didn't get the superior service you expect and deserve. I wish I had an "undo" button for those times when we falter as a company. But all I can promise is that we are working to become better at what we do, and learn from our mishaps. We're working on better communication channels both internally and externally to improve our service even more.

Thank you all for your patience, support and understanding! If you have ideas about how we can better communicate with the APQS family at large, send me an email. I can't promise we'll be able to implement every suggestion, but we're open to the possibilities! The Forum is a great place to share and learn...who knows what other brilliant ideas you'll come up with!:)

P.S. Dave, every family has to have a funny man in the crowd, so I'm rolling my eyes at your comment about Iowa outhouses and cow gas...just like a sister would do to her goofy brother...and I'll reserve my comments about cheesy Wisconsin jokes :) :)

I have never had any problems with APQS & customer service. They have always been really good about resolving my issues. For instance, last Friday morning I called Christy about my circuit board problem and she talked to Amy and told me new boards would go out that day, and I received them yesterday (Monday) that was really fast considering I am in AZ. I haven't had a chance to try out the new ones yet will do it this evening and IF these are also bad hopefully I will be able to get a few more customer quilts done before they go bad, LOL

I know I can count on APQS to get these circuit board issues worked out, so I am not going to stress out about it.

Also when I bought my machine 5 years ago I bought it directly from the factory...no rep involved and never received a beginers class, when Myrna was in town (several years later) to do a beginers class she extended the offer to me as well when she found out I never had the class but I declined, due to my schedule and the fact that I already had been using my machine for a business and felt I knew it pretty well already. Any rep assigned to your area is suppose to do the classes even if you didn't buy it from them directly but from the factory.

And take what Kreacher says with a grain of salt...usually it's tongue and cheak but sometimes it can turn into a heated discussion, some of Kreacher's posts should come wih a warning label, lol :D:D:P:P

I have never had any problems with APQS & customer service. They have always been really good about resolving my issues. For instance, last Friday morning I called Christy about my circuit board problem and she talked to Amy and told me new boards would go out that day, and I received them yesterday (Monday) that was really fast considering I am in AZ. I haven't had a chance to try out the new ones yet will do it this evening and IF these are also bad hopefully I will be able to get a few more customer quilts done before they go bad, LOL

I know I can count on APQS to get these circuit board issues worked out, so I am not going to stress out about it.

Also when I bought my machine 5 years ago I bought it directly from the factory...no rep involved and never received a beginers class, when Myrna was in town (several years later) to do a beginers class she extended the offer to me as well when she found out I never had the class but I declined, due to my schedule and the fact that I already had been using my machine for a business and felt I knew it pretty well already. Any rep assigned to your area is suppose to do the classes even if you didn't buy it from them directly but from the factory.

And take what Kreacher says with a grain of salt...usually it's tongue and cheak but sometimes it can turn into a heated discussion, some of Kreacher's posts should come wih a warning label, lol :D:D:P:P

Carol, I am sorry to hear about the problems your having with your millie. It may take some time but APQS will make things right. On a seperate note I have seen a lot of chatter about bad circuit boards, which has made me decide not to upgrade at this time to a new machine. Not like I actually needed a new machine anyways, Lilla does a great job herself. I just thought it would be nice to have some of the newer features and fabric advance. Well anyways thoughts are with you.

Carol, I am sorry to hear about the problems your having with your millie. It may take some time but APQS will make things right. On a seperate note I have seen a lot of chatter about bad circuit boards, which has made me decide not to upgrade at this time to a new machine. Not like I actually needed a new machine anyways, Lilla does a great job herself. I just thought it would be nice to have some of the newer features and fabric advance. Well anyways thoughts are with you.

Archived