What are you wearing?

I almost always quilt in my jammies. I don't have customers, so nobody ever just stops by. My room is a little chilly, so I usually throw on a hoody too. Oh, and of course, my Crocs. And guess what: sometimes I don't even comb my hair.

Wow, doesn't that paint a pretty picture.:P

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost always quilt in my jammies. I don't have customers, so nobody ever just stops by. My room is a little chilly, so I usually throw on a hoody too. Oh, and of course, my Crocs. And guess what: sometimes I don't even comb my hair.

Wow, doesn't that paint a pretty picture.:P

Khaki shorts and a decent t-shirt.

I'm still having trouble finding my 'uniform' for work. It can't be jammies since my studio is my living room/dining room with a big bay window facing the street. Still, I need/want to be comfortable. I'm interested in what folks wear for shoes . . . . So much time on the feet can be hard on the body.

Lynn

I'm still having trouble finding my 'uniform' for work. It can't be jammies since my studio is my living room/dining room with a big bay window facing the street. Still, I need/want to be comfortable. I'm interested in what folks wear for shoes . . . . So much time on the feet can be hard on the body.

Lynn

Originally posted by LFQuilts

Lynn

Since I broke my heel bone 3 years ago (still painful) I have been thinking about buying these to help cushion my feet when I stand... sure they are not the most fabulously stylish things, but when your feet hurt who cares?

I have seen nurses and waiters/waitreses wearing these. People on their feet all day.

http://www.zcoil.com/

Originally posted by LFQuilts

Lynn

Since I broke my heel bone 3 years ago (still painful) I have been thinking about buying these to help cushion my feet when I stand... sure they are not the most fabulously stylish things, but when your feet hurt who cares?

I have seen nurses and waiters/waitreses wearing these. People on their feet all day.

http://www.zcoil.com/

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Now, you steel-toed ladies must be doing some industrial quilting!!!!

I'm like Kristina...they are very comfy...I don't work out in the welding fields like I once did..I use to help Gene whenever he needed a grease monkey. So I only wear them 24/7 in the winter, spring and fall...summer only when I need to go help him. Otherwise its flip flops.

And yes, dropping rotary cutter on boots has happened and I have a boot scar to show the blessing of being saved by the steel toe on my boot.

Originally posted by JustSewSimple

Now, you steel-toed ladies must be doing some industrial quilting!!!!

I'm like Kristina...they are very comfy...I don't work out in the welding fields like I once did..I use to help Gene whenever he needed a grease monkey. So I only wear them 24/7 in the winter, spring and fall...summer only when I need to go help him. Otherwise its flip flops.

And yes, dropping rotary cutter on boots has happened and I have a boot scar to show the blessing of being saved by the steel toe on my boot.

I always wear sweatpants and a t-shirt because I exercise in the morning as soon as I get up or I won't do it. I have a bad habit of quilting barefoot or just with socks when it's cold. If I work for hours on a project then I get really horrible cramps in my legs that won't go away unless I get out of bed and walk around so I try to keep my shoes in the quilting room. Underwear?? what's that!!

I always wear sweatpants and a t-shirt because I exercise in the morning as soon as I get up or I won't do it. I have a bad habit of quilting barefoot or just with socks when it's cold. If I work for hours on a project then I get really horrible cramps in my legs that won't go away unless I get out of bed and walk around so I try to keep my shoes in the quilting room. Underwear?? what's that!!

This is a great thread. I really got a few giggles from what some of your wear...or don't wear. :P

Since I work in a corporate office Monday - Friday, I get changed when I get home. IF it is an evening I go to the gym, I will quilt in those clothes, but usually changing from sneaks to flip-flops if it is warm out.

On Saturday and Sunday mornings I quilt in my PJ for a few hours, then shower and dress and get on my errands, cleaning or grandchildren's swimming lessons. In between I quilt. It is usually jeans and a long or short sleeve top, or when it really gets hot here, it is capris and a t. When I'm home and it's warm, I usually wear flip-flops. Underware..."yes" (unless I'm still in my PJs).

This is a great thread. I really got a few giggles from what some of your wear...or don't wear. :P

Since I work in a corporate office Monday - Friday, I get changed when I get home. IF it is an evening I go to the gym, I will quilt in those clothes, but usually changing from sneaks to flip-flops if it is warm out.

On Saturday and Sunday mornings I quilt in my PJ for a few hours, then shower and dress and get on my errands, cleaning or grandchildren's swimming lessons. In between I quilt. It is usually jeans and a long or short sleeve top, or when it really gets hot here, it is capris and a t. When I'm home and it's warm, I usually wear flip-flops. Underware..."yes" (unless I'm still in my PJs).

Quilting in cut offs and a very large T-shirt. Barefoot with my garage door open and back door open into the backyard. I can hear the water from the backyard fountain and the breeze blowing from one door, right out the other. I love summertime when you can open eveything up and feel like you're quilting outside - love it! Mercedes

Quilting in cut offs and a very large T-shirt. Barefoot with my garage door open and back door open into the backyard. I can hear the water from the backyard fountain and the breeze blowing from one door, right out the other. I love summertime when you can open eveything up and feel like you're quilting outside - love it! Mercedes

I'm at work reading the APQS forum (some might say wasting taxpayers dollars) just like every morning. I'm in dockers and a polo shirt. When I get home the work clothes come off and the pj bottoms, t-shirt and crocs go on (I'm to short to quilt in my bare feet), then I start the embroidery machine or "Gator". In the winter it's sweats all the way. :cool::cool::cool:

Archived