Edgerider wheels question - Updated

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

I remember reading that Edgeriders used to get a "dent" in them when you left your machine sitting for a while, but they had fixed that problem. I think I may have gotten an old set. I went up to quilt this afternoon, and every time I try to make a feather, the machine seems to fall into a pit, like it's hitting a groove. Happened again and again. Finally, I took the machine on a 'dry run' down the table -- not running the machine, just moving it and moving it. After moving it around a lot, it seems to be okay and I can quilt with it. If I have to do this all the time, it's gonna be the pits. Does anyone else have this problem?

Linda

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Linda S

I remember reading that Edgeriders used to get a "dent" in them when you left your machine sitting for a while, but they had fixed that problem. I think I may have gotten an old set. I went up to quilt this afternoon, and every time I try to make a feather, the machine seems to fall into a pit, like it's hitting a groove. Happened again and again. Finally, I took the machine on a 'dry run' down the table -- not running the machine, just moving it and moving it. After moving it around a lot, it seems to be okay and I can quilt with it. If I have to do this all the time, it's gonna be the pits. Does anyone else have this problem?

Linda

Guest Linda S

Sew, I take it no one else has this problem and, perhaps, I should contact the place I got these and ask how long they've been on the shelf? Once I get the machine moving and all warmed up, they're fine, but getting that "groove" out at the beginning is just awful!

Guest Linda S

Sew, I take it no one else has this problem and, perhaps, I should contact the place I got these and ask how long they've been on the shelf? Once I get the machine moving and all warmed up, they're fine, but getting that "groove" out at the beginning is just awful!

Guest Linda S

Thanks. I've got a lead on someone to ask about this. I'll also check with the folks I got them from and see if they know how long they had been in inventory.

Linda

Guest Linda S

Thanks. I've got a lead on someone to ask about this. I'll also check with the folks I got them from and see if they know how long they had been in inventory.

Linda

Linda I would definitely contact the dealer you got them from. There is a 1 yr warranty on the wheels, no questions asked. I would also email support@edgeriderwheels.com and tell them of your problem.

I have them on both of my machines for over a year now and one machine will sit for an extended time, while I work on the other, and I have never had this problem.

Linda I would definitely contact the dealer you got them from. There is a 1 yr warranty on the wheels, no questions asked. I would also email support@edgeriderwheels.com and tell them of your problem.

I have them on both of my machines for over a year now and one machine will sit for an extended time, while I work on the other, and I have never had this problem.

Guest Linda S

I called Kingsmen today (where I got the wheels) and they told me I'd have to contact EdgeRiders. I sent an email but have not received a response. I'll let you know what happens. If I hadn't just spent a bunch of money on these, I'd get the M&M wheels.

Guest Linda S

I called Kingsmen today (where I got the wheels) and they told me I'd have to contact EdgeRiders. I sent an email but have not received a response. I'll let you know what happens. If I hadn't just spent a bunch of money on these, I'd get the M&M wheels.

Guest Linda S

I got an email from Mr. Kasa, with some suggestions on things to try to make sure one of the wheels wasn't hanging up. Wellllllll, I had the cam on the back of the machine a little too tight, and that was causing all my troubles. She floats like a dream now. I love these wheels!

Guest Linda S

I got an email from Mr. Kasa, with some suggestions on things to try to make sure one of the wheels wasn't hanging up. Wellllllll, I had the cam on the back of the machine a little too tight, and that was causing all my troubles. She floats like a dream now. I love these wheels!

Archived